1962Bheemashankar Wildlife Sanctuary BNHS's Membership Camp: Seats available

  • Shubhalaxmi Vaylure
    Sep 30, 2008
      Dear Friends,

      I wish to inform you that I am leading a three day camp for members this weekend. The camp would be focused on insects specially moths since Bheemashankar has become synonym to Atlas Moth sightings at the lights. If anyone is interested in insects, birds, wildflowers, please join us. The details are given below:

      October, 3 – 5 2008
      Nature camp at Bhimashankar Wildlife Sanctuary.  Walking through the densely forested hills in mist and rains is truly memorable. Bhimashankar Wildlife Sanctuary is one of the finest forests of the Western Ghats range.  Abode of the endangered Indian Giant Squirrel, this wildlife sanctuary has a variety of fauna and flora.  One Batch: Friday, 3 - Sunday, 5 October 2008. Transport:  Bus arranged for 25 persons. Charges:  Rs. 3400- (includes transport, accommodation and meals at Hotel Blue Mormon).  Meeting Point: Bus will leave at 6.20 a.m. from Dadar, 6.40 a.m. from Chembur, near Diamond Garden and Vashi Junction at 7.10 a.m. Registration: Immediate. Group Leader:  Dr.  V. Shubhalaxmi, Mr. Nikhil Bhopale.

      Cheers,

      Shubha
      Dr. V.Shubhalaxmi
      Centre Manager