      Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 6:46 AM
      Subject: Re: [Indianmoths] Id this caterpillar from Yeoor, Thane

      Hi Purnendu,

      If you meant lasiocampidae caterpillars, then it does not seem to match. The lasiocampidae cats are all hairy. I have a fairly good record of these types of moths.
      Long ago, I had photographed a sequence involving tent caterpillars and a wasp. The wasp was immobilising one cat at a time, then carrying away a previously immobilised cat and returning to take away the last immobilised cat . The cats understood what was happening and were frantically trying to build a defensive tent around themselves.
      I could post it, but will involve lot of images and will far exceed the specified file size.
      cheers