4258Re: [Indianmoths] Sataspes for id

  • Geetha Iyer
    May 5, 2013
      Hey Shyamal

      What about this comment posted on the wiki site for the photo posted by you?

      "Sataspes sp., most likely a form of infernalis - determined by Ian Kitching, NHM, London. Will need to be determined from a specimen and can possibly represent a new form or species. Bandipur, India.
      "

      cheers
      geetha

      On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 8:25 AM, Shyamal L <lshyamal@...> wrote:

      Have posted this elsewhere on FB and iNaturalist too. This Sataspes was found in Bandipur close to the Kerala border (24 April 2013) in dense riverine forest. It looks like S. xylocoparis to me but I have heard other suggestions.

      best wishes
      Shyamal

      --
      Geetha Iyer