4928Re: [ButterflyIndia] Butterflying in Devalsari, Uttarakhand

  • Sanjay Sondhi
    11 Jan 3:19 am
      We have also produced two new butterfly brochures for local community ventures that we are supporting at Pawalgarh in Nainital District, Kumaon and Devalsari in Tehri Garhwal District, Garhwal.
      Each of these covers 90 butterfly species in a 8.5” by 3.5” fold out format and costs Rs 100/-. Proceeds from the sales go directly to

      Devalsari Paryavaran Sanrakshan awam Teknink Samiti for Devalsari.
      Pawalgarh Prakriti Prahari for Pawalgarh.

      Covers for these are attached. If anyone wants to purchase copies, they can write into the society or drop me an email.
      Best regards

      Sanjay Sondhi
      ___________________________________
      Book on butterflies and moths of Pakke
      http://www.titlitrust.com/Pakke_book.html

      Book on butterflies of Garo Hills
      http://www.titlitrust.com/Garo_Hills_Book.html
      ___________________________________
      Titli Trust
      www.titlitrust.com

      Kalpavriksh
      www.kalpavriksh.org

      sanjay.sondhi1@...
      +91-135-2607452

      On 11-Jan-2016, at 11:45 am, SHYAM GHATE shyamghate@... [ButterflyIndia] <ButterflyIndia@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Great work, Sanjay.
      Looks a well organised initiative.
      Since individuals my find difficult to form groups to undertake trips, why don't you announce some tours from your end?

      On Monday, January 11, 2016 10:42 AM, "Sanjay Sondhi sanjay.sondhi1@... [ButterflyIndia]" <ButterflyIndia@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hello everyone,

      Titli Trust been supporting two community ventures in Uttarakhand, training local community youth in managing community-based nature tourism, in order to incentivize nature conservation and environment protection. The website for one of these locations, Devalsari, is now ready, link below. The local youth group here, Devalsari Environment Protection and Technology Development Samiti is actively involved in conservation activities, and nature-based tourism.

      Devasari is 120 km from Dehradun, at an altitude of 1,500 m and an excellent butterflying, mothing and birding destination. Locally trained guides exist, as does accommodation. The best months for butterflying are April to June. Lots of West Himalayan specials such as Fawn Hairstreak, Walnut Blue, Silver Hairstreak, Water Hairstreak, numerous species of Arguses and lots more.

      Folks who are interested to visit can write into me or call Arun Prasad at the society at +91 8650645385, 9557613851 .

      Best regards

      Sanjay Sondhi
      ___________________________________
      Book on butterflies and moths of Pakke