711Re: [Indianmoths] re: ID please

  • Naseer Ommer
    Mar 8, 2007
      Hi Roger

      thanks for the quick response and id's.

      've more specimens to be identified and thought of sending them one by one. here are two more from Peermade area of Idukki dist.,kerala for proper identification.

      thans to everyone for their patience and experts for their whole-hearted support in identifying the species.

      rgds

      Naseer

      "Roger C. KENDRICK" <hkmoths@...> wrote:
      Hi Naseer,

      moth 3 = Nyctemera sp. (Arctidae, Arctiinae, Nyctemerini)
      moth 4 = Mocis frugalis (Noctuidae / Erebidae, Catocalinae)

      cheers,

      Roger.

      Naseer Ommer <naseerommer@ yahoo.com> wrote:
      Dear All

      I've send a msg with images of 2 moths for identification sometime back since there's no response to that mail I suppose that the images uploaded may be of low quality for proper identification.

      'm attaching 2 more moths for identification. the moth_3 is taken from Vagamon, a high altitude dest. in idukki dist. of kerala and moth_4 is from alleppey dist. kerala. Your valuable help in identifying the species is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance

      regards

      Naseer

      Roger C. KENDRICK Ph.D.
      Senior Conservation Officer, Fauna Conservation,
      Kadoorie Farm & Botanic Garden, Hong Kong
      http://www.kfbg. org/

      C & R Wildlife (sole proprietor), Tai Po, Hong Kong
      hkmoths@yahoo. co.uk

      Hong Kong Moths - http://asia. geocities. com/hkmoths/

      discussion groups
      - http://tech. groups.yahoo. com/group/ Hkmoths/