887Be a part in saving Mumbai's Botanical garden, popularly known as 'Rani Bagh'

  • shubhada nikharge
    Jul 31, 2007
      Dear friends,
      We, the undersigned nature lovers, have come together
      to form the Save Rani Bagh Botanical Garden Action
      Committee to protect 3177 trees in the 53-acre
      Jijamata Udyan, Mumbai, better known as Rani Bagh.
      Recently publicized Municipal Corporation plans to
      “modernize” Rani Bagh, which is both a public
      botanical garden as well as a zoo, will necessitate
      large scale construction activity entailing tree
      felling and will make entry unaffordable for common
      citizens.
      To raise awareness about this crucial issue we appeal
      to you to sign a petition at
      http://www.saveranibagh.org/cgi-bin/petition.cgi or
      visit our website http://www.saveranibagh.org Your
      e-mail ID will be kept confidential. Please pass on
      this link to your friends.
      We need to act urgently! Master plans for the
      “makeover” are reportedly ready.
      We need your support! Please visit our website
      http://www.saveranibagh org and join us in our
      efforts.

      For Save Rani Bagh Botanical Garden Action Committee
      Dr. Usha Desai, Hutoxi Arethna, Neelima Kalgi, Katie
      Bagli, Dr. Shelia Tanna, Renee Vyas, Hutokshi
      Rustomfram, Shubhada Nikharge, Ajay Bijoor

      Why delete messages? Unlimited storage is just a click away. Go to http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html