ID request

  • Vijay Barve
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 3, 2009
    ----- Original Message -----

    Sent: Wednesday, November 25, 2009 5:26 AM
    Subject: [India-nature-pixs] ID request

    Hi All,

    Seek ID request for this image. This was shot in Corbett National Park, last month.

    Rgds

    --
    Rajesh Shah

  • Roger C. KENDRICK
    Message 2 of 13 , Dec 4, 2009
      probably a bombycid larva

      cheers,

      Roger.

      Roger C. KENDRICK Ph.D.

      Senior Conservation Officer, Fauna Conservation,
      Kadoorie Farm & Botanic Garden, Hong Kong
      http://www.kfbg.org/

      C & R Wildlife (sole proprietor), Tai Po, Hong Kong
      hkmoths@...

      Hong Kong Moths
       - http://www.hkmoths.com
       - http://www.flickr.com/photos/hkmoths/sets/72157601206661913/ (personal Flickr site)
       - http://www.flickr.com/groups/hongkongmoths/ (Flickr Group)

      discussion groups
      - http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Hkmoths/
      - http://www.hkwildlife.net
      - http://www.hkls-forum.org/

      Message 3 of 13 , Feb 22, 2011
      Hi everyone,
      requesting the experts to identify this Noctuidae moth for a friend's small college project :-)

    • Roger C. KENDRICK

        Message 5 of 13 , Feb 24, 2011
          Hello Rohit,

          your moth is Helicoverpa  ?armigera (Hübner, 1805) Family - Noctuidae, Heliothinae

          See this one http://www.flickr.com/photos/sachingurule/4966822842/

          Actually what type of project going on to your college, please let me know. which college from where????

          Best Regards,

          Prof. Sachin Arjun Gurule
          P.G.Dept. of Zoology,
          K.T.H.M. College, Nashik.
          Dist.- Nashik (MS)India.
          Email: sachin.gurule@...
          sachingurule@...
          Mobile : 09764215025
          Moth collection http://www.flickr.com/photos/sachingurule/collections/
          Flickr photo stream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sachingurule/

          Message 6 of 13 , Apr 20, 2013
            Furry brown moth, about 6 cm long. Photographed on April 20, around 8 am, in a park in GK-II, South Delhi.

            Thanks!
            Sarab
          • Sarab
            Message 7 of 13 , Apr 25, 2013
              Renewing this request, in case it fell through the cracks the first time.

              Thanks!
              Sarab

              --- In Indianmoths@..., Sarab Seth <sarabseth@...> wrote:

              > Furry brown moth, about 6 cm long. Photographed on April 20, around 8 am, in a park in GK-II, South Delhi.
              >
              > Thanks!
              > Sarab

            • Sarab
              Message 8 of 13 , Apr 28, 2013
                Looks like this is a Metanastria (of the Lasiocampidae family). (Many thanks to Peter Smetacek for the ID!)

                Working on identifying the exact type. Shortlist includes Metanastria hyrtaca and Metanastria gemella

                Sarab

                --- In Indianmoths@..., "Sarab" <sarabseth@...> wrote:

                > Renewing this request, in case it fell through the cracks the first time.
                >
                > Thanks!
                > Sarab
                >
                > --- In Indianmoths@..., Sarab Seth <sarabseth@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Furry brown moth, about 6 cm long. Photographed on April 20, around 8 am, in a park in GK-II, South Delhi.
                > >
                > > Thanks!
                > > Sarab

              • Sarab Seth
                Message 9 of 13 , May 11, 2013
                  Looks like this moth is a Metanastria hyrtaca female.

                  --- In Indianmoths@..., "Sarab" <sarabseth@...> wrote:

                  > Renewing this request, in case it fell through the cracks the first time.
                  >
                  > Thanks!
                  > Sarab
                  >
                  > --- In Indianmoths@..., Sarab Seth <sarabseth@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Furry brown moth, about 6 cm long. Photographed on April 20, around 8 am, in a park in GK-II, South Delhi.
                  > >
                  > > Thanks!
                  > > Sarab

                • Jatishwor Irungbam
                  Message 10 of 13 , Sep 13, 2013

                     Dear Friends,

                    Please help me to identify these moths. Attached here are photographed from Mendrelgang, Bhutan (1030 m ASL). the area is warm broad leaf forest.

                    Thanks.

                    Warm regards:

                    Irungbam Jatishwor Singh
                    Lecturer, Mendrelgang Middle Secondary School
                    Chirang, Bhutan
                    Mobile: 00975-17408618
                  • Sam Carr
                    Message 11 of 13 , Nov 11, 2013
                      Dear IndiaMoths group members.

                      The image was posted on the Facebook page of Photos of the Nilgiris group by Ramasamy SRK with a request to ID it. The original is found here: https://m.ak.fbcdn.net/sphotos-a.ak/hphotos-ak-prn2/1452579_10201656355584754_854961336_n.jpg

                      Regards, Sam

                      --
                      alternate mail id:  gm@...
                      phone: + 91 8144068393
                      Message 12 of 13 , Nov 12, 2013
                        Very close to Aegocera venulia Cramer, 1777

                        On 12 November 2013 11:13, Sam Carr <samlcarr@...> wrote:

                        Dear IndiaMoths group members.

                        The image was posted on the Facebook page of Photos of the Nilgiris group by Ramasamy SRK with a request to ID it. The original is found here: https://m.ak.fbcdn.net/sphotos-a.ak/hphotos-ak-prn2/1452579_10201656355584754_854961336_n.jpg

                        Regards, Sam

                        --
                        alternate mail id:  gm@...
                        phone: + 91 8144068393
                        fax: +1 206-338-7124
                        Company: Advantech http://www.advantech-india.com
                        Skype & YM:  samlcarr
                        My Linkedin profie:  http://www.linkedin.com/pub/sam-carr/16/419/453
                        LIVE TO SERVE - SERVE TO LIVE

                        --
                        Regards

                        RAHUL KHOT

                        In-Charge
                        Natural History Collection Department

                        Bombay Natural History Society
                        Hornbill House
                        S.B. Singh Road
                        Fort, Mumbai, INDIA
                        400001

                        Tel - 91-22-22821811
                        Fax - 91-22-22837615

                        Mobile - 91-9870163401

                        www.bnhs.org

                        http://rahul-khot.blogspot.in/

                        "Just living isn't enough" said the butterfly, "one must also have freedom, sunshine and a little flower."

                      • Sam Carr
                        Message 13 of 13 , Nov 13, 2013

                          On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 9:33 AM, rahul khot <rahulkhot82@...> wrote:
                          Very close to Aegocera venulia Cramer, 1777

                          Thank you very much!