id required please

  • Geetha Iyer
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 11, 2013
      Hello everyone
      Wondering if any of you experts or others can confirm whether my id is correct and if not help me find the right one.
      Photographed at Garo Hills.
      Thanks and Best wishes
      geetha

      --
      Geetha Iyer
      Consultant- Education
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 11, 2013

        Hi Geetha,

                             Sorry, wrong family and off by quite a way I’m afraid. This is moth belongs to the genus Endoclyta in the family Hepialidae. The general shape, short antennae and relatively complete wing venation (which will be similar of the fore- and hindwings) are diagnostic. There are a number of species in this genus in India but I don’t know which this is.

        Cheers,

        Ian

        *************************************************************************************************************************************
        Dr Ian J. Kitching, Researcher, Department of Life Sciences, Natural History Museum, Cromwell Road, London SW7 5BD, U.K.

        Tel: (+44) (0)20 7942 5608 | Fax: (+44) (0)20 7942 5229 | email: I.Kitching@...

        Home page: http://www.nhm.ac.uk/research-curation/staff-directory/entomology/i-kitching/index.html
        Creating a taxonomic e-science, CATE Sphingidae home page:
        http://www.cate-sphingidae.org
        Sphingidae of South-East Asia version 1.5:
        http://www.sphin-sea.unibas.ch
        Sphingidae of the Eastern Palaearctic
        http://tpittaway.tripod.com/china/china.htm

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 11, 2013
          Hi Geeta,
           I am seeing 2 birds images and no moths,

          Alka