Yellow moth for ID

  • Chitra Shanker
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 6, 2013
      I shot this moth at Kalimpong Darjeeling in the rice fields. The dots and yellow colour looked similar to scirpophaga. But it seems like a noctuid moth. Can any body identify this genera from the pic as I do not have specimens

      --
      Dr. Chitra Shanker
      Sr. Scientist (Entomology)

    • Gunathilagaraj Kandasamy
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 10, 2013
        How can it be Chitra?
        It is not Pyralidae/Crambidae

        K.Gunathilagaraj
        73/10,Kishan Gopal Apartments
        Venkitasamy Road (West)
        R.S.Puram
        COIMBATORE 641 002
        Phone: 0422 4368487
          80120 20717, 82204 58225
        E-mail:gunathilagaraj@...
        gunathilagaraj@...

        On Monday, November 11, 2013 12:55 AM, Chitra Shanker <chitrashanker@...> wrote:
        I shot this moth at Kalimpong Darjeeling in the rice fields. The dots and yellow colour looked similar to scirpophaga. But it seems like a noctuid moth. Can any body identify this genera from the pic as I do not have specimens

        --
        Dr. Chitra Shanker
        Sr. Scientist (Entomology)
        Directorate of Rice Research,