Butterflies and Moths of Pakke Tiger Reserve

  • Sanjay Sondhi
    Message 1 of 2 , 21 Jan 1:29 am
      Hello everybody,

      We are pleased to announce the release of the new book "Butterflies and Moths of Pakke Tiger Reserve" authored by Krushnamegh and myself.

      This book, Butterflies and Moths of Pakke Tiger Reserve covers 379 butterfly species and 83 moth species from Northeast India. This is the 2nd book in the Northeast India Natural History Series (the first being the Butterflies of the Garo Hills). This series seeks to popularise the biodiversity of Northeast India with a view to promote community-based eco-tourism, and thereby, incentivize local communities to protect their forest habitats and to support conservation action. Since 2007 we have been surveying butterfly and moth fauna of Pakke Tiger Reserve in  western Arunachal Pradesh, which is part of the globally recognized Himalaya Biodiversity Hotspot. This book is a product of intensive surveys in and around this protected area. It has been published with generous and full funding from the Forest Department, Government of Arunachal Pradesh. This book is published on a not-for-profit basis, and the publishers and authors will not receive any commercial benefit from its proceeds.

      The contributory proceeds from this book will go entirely to the Pakke Tiger Conservation Foundation for the welfare of the forest department staff and local communities involved in the conservation efforts at Pakke.

      You can find out how to get the book at http://biodiversitylab.org/butterflies-and-moths-of-pakke-tiger-reserve

      This information will shortly be put up on Titli Trust and Indian Foundation for Butterflies as well.

      Attaching the front and back cover of the book.

    • J.M. Garg
      Message 2 of 2 , 21 Jan 8:48 pm
        Thanks, Sondhi ji, for the good work. Pl. keep it up.

        On 21 January 2014 14:59, Sanjay Sondhi <sanjay.sondhi1@...> wrote:
[...]

        Sanjay Sondhi

        Titli Trust

        Uttarakhand Spring Bird Festival 7-9 Feb 14. Visit the link below

        www.facebook.com/uttarakhandbirding

        Kalpavriksh

        01352607452

        --