Re: [MOOT_LC1] Resignation from EC

  • abhijeet singh
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 24, 2008
      Dear Shankar,
      Its really encouraging for us that you still remember to fulfil your duty . Having you as EC member was really proud for us. You have been an excellent role model for all.  Although you have a busy schedule & settled carrier, you still gave some place to mooting in your life. Historic grand success of 6th All delhi would have been still a distant dream  but for your hard work , sincerity, team spirit you gave the chance to the Centre to held their head high. Its not easy  to have the best team, best memorial  and best mooter award in the same single competition that too when the competition is hosted by  your own Centre and all expectations are on those representing the Centre. It has been correctly said where there is a will there is way!

      My best wishes are with you. Though you have migrated to Law centre II but you are still our web page member and the society reserves its right to have your presence when needed.

      Good Luck!

      KUMAR ABHIJEET
      LAW CENTRE 1
      FACULTY OF LAW
      UNIVERSITY OF DELHI

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 28, 2008
        Dear All,
        Shankar has sent me a long reply to the two questions I had asked
        him on behalf of Abhijeet.
        1. Why did he decide to do mooting despite being in a job already?
        2. What did he learn by mooting?
        I am pasting here some excerpts from his mail that I thought may be
        interesting and useful to all members.
        I am thankful to him for letting me know that all my children are
        studying in LC-I - just I still do not know all of them and how many
        of them are here :-))))
        Ved

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 28, 2008
          Dear all,

          I have observed our friend Shankar at LC-1,

          after learning about his migration to LC-2, I felt sad, but there is an anecdote linked to Guru Nanak Dev G, the gist of that story is that LET THE GOOD PEOPLE DISPERSE AND THE BAD ONES REMAIN AT ONE PLACE, idea is THE GOOD PEOPLE WILL SPREAD GOOD IDEAS WHEREVER THEY GO, AND WITH THE CONCENTRATION OF BAD ONES, AT LEAST BAD THINGS WOULD CONFINE TO THAT PLACE ONLY,

          I his mail to Prof. Ved, he has really come out with the deep feelings that he had while working for the society. his contributions for LC-1, are really great. I salute. His presence and the way he used to guide and motivate in all our efforts is unfogettable. A simple motivating/complementary phrase is worth more than thousand useless phrases.

          he is very senior to us in many other fields of life, he has a lot of practical experience of various aspects of human behaviour. I salute him for his positive attitude and undying spirit of doing good things. Best wishes to you Sir. there is something to learn from your sayings.

          with regards,

          Ashish