Unity Efforts

  • joicethottackad
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 14, 2007
      I request our managing committe, Synod and especially our Catholicose
      designate to share their vision of our church. Nowadays I started to
      think our church is nothing more than Pinarayi ┬ľAchudanandan politics.
      It might be easy for both faction, Orthodox and Jacobite, to hold
      their crowd by injecting opposite faction's hatred for some years.
      After a while people will consider, like what I am thinking today,
      both factions are two sides of the same coin that these people are
      using everyone just for their selfish interests and they are not going
      to give me any heavenly peace. Our respected members can correct me if
      this is only my personal perception. If there are a growing number of
      people thinking like what I am thinking today our church leadership
      has the responsibility to clear the air.

      As I wrote earlier in this forum, after the recent series of incidents
      I became more confused without understanding our direction ahead. Does
      our leadership really hold any vision to lead this church for another
      2000 years or are they going to end everything in my lifespan itself?

      When I say a vision I mean something which we can achieve, not an
      unrealistic perception. It is high time to decide whether we stand for
      unity or division and to come out of our dirty politics. Though
      personally I want to see unity among the people who share same faith
      and a division is not a Christian way of finding solution, I could
      accept even a division formula if that is going to end this shameful
      street fight.

      I learned in my management classes that a minimum level of competitive
      conflict is to be encouraged whereas a destructive conflict is to be
      discouraged. I urge the same here, irrespective of any title they hold
      we need to discourage destructive politics as it will lead our entire
      destruction. I don't want the community to which I belong to be
      vanished because of someone's selfishness.

      I would like to know whether they really believe in an end to this
      shameful street fight and if yes, how are they going to achieve and,
      is there any stipulated time frame? Or are they going to continue forever?

      I believe our Catholicose designate holds the most important role in
      fulfilling whatever vision the church holds without being biased or
      being part of factionism.

      Regards

      Sajy Thannikottu, Kathmandu

      (From ICON Forum)