      From: "Raghu Rao rrao115@... [SUMADHWASEVA]" <SUMADHWASEVA@...>
      To: SUMADHWASEVA@...
      Sent: Friday, 13 October 2017 5:27 AM
      Subject: [SUMADHWASEVA] Discontinue usage of word "Mutt"

      Hare Sreenivasa,

      Please let's use "Matha" instead of Mutt whenever we refer to our Madhva places of worship.  Mutt is a very demeaning word and its meanings are as below according to the dictionary.  Kindly refrain going forwards.   Regards, Rao

      mutt
      mʌt/
      noun
      informal
      noun: mutt; plural noun: mutts
      1. 1.
        a dog, especially a mongrel.
        "a long-haired mutt of doubtful pedigree"
        synonyms:mongrel, hound, dog, cur, tyke; More
        informalpooch;
        informalmong, bitzer
        "a long-haired mutt of doubtful pedigree"
      2. 2.
        a stupid or incompetent person.
        "he pitied the poor mutt who ever fell for her charms"
      Origin
      इनलाइन छवि

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic