42918Re: [SUMADHWASEVA] Discontinue usage of word "Mutt"

  • Ragavendran nagaraj rao
    12 Oct
      Yes. I agree with your view point. Let us inform all other Madhwa brothers/sisters about this usage of Matha instead of Mutt.

      Regards.
      N. Ragavendran
      8190021196

      On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 8:01 PM, Raghu Rao rrao115@... [SUMADHWASEVA] <SUMADHWASEVA@...> wrote:

      Hare Sreenivasa,

      Please let's use "Matha" instead of Mutt whenever we refer to our Madhva places of worship.  Mutt is a very demeaning word and its meanings are as below according to the dictionary.  Kindly refrain going forwards.   Regards, Rao

      mutt
      mʌt/
      noun
      informal
      noun: mutt; plural noun: mutts
      1. 1.
        a dog, especially a mongrel.
        "a long-haired mutt of doubtful pedigree"
        synonyms:mongrel, hound, dog, cur, tyke; More
        informalpooch;
        informalmong, bitzer
        "a long-haired mutt of doubtful pedigree"
      2. 2.
        a stupid or incompetent person.
        "he pitied the poor mutt who ever fell for her charms"
      Origin
      इनलाइन छवि

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic