42925Re: [SUMADHWASEVA] Discontinue usage of word "Mutt"

  • vs rajan
    14 Oct
      Sri Sri Raghavendra Matha. Manthralaya Allready follows this in their website providing for advance bookings for Sevas bookings for rooms etc.

      Soundararajan

      On Sun, 15 Oct 2017 at 2:10, thippa srini thippasrini@... [SUMADHWASEVA]
      <SUMADHWASEVA@...> wrote:

      Yes. Let us follow :

      On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 5:27, Raghu Rao rrao115@... [SUMADHWASEVA]
      <SUMADHWASEVA@...> wrote:

      Hare Sreenivasa,

      Please let's use "Matha" instead of Mutt whenever we refer to our Madhva places of worship.  Mutt is a very demeaning word and its meanings are as below according to the dictionary.  Kindly refrain going forwards.   Regards, Rao

      mutt
      mʌt/
      noun
      informal
      noun: mutt; plural noun: mutts
      1. 1.
        a dog, especially a mongrel.
        "a long-haired mutt of doubtful pedigree"
        synonyms:mongrel, hound, dog, cur, tyke; More
        informalpooch;
        informalmong, bitzer
        "a long-haired mutt of doubtful pedigree"
      2. 2.
        a stupid or incompetent person.
        "he pitied the poor mutt who ever fell for her charms"
      Origin
      इनलाइन छवि

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic