42930Re: [SUMADHWASEVA] Discontinue usage of word "Mutt"

  • Ram Mohan
    15 Oct
      Dear All,
      IIT Kanpur has develped a website on our treasures of Vedas, Shahstras etc. Finally someone from today's science & technology field, is digging into what has already been done many many years ago.
      No issue of language as IITK smartly put each Sholka in various languages. Most amazingly, commentary on each sholka by various scholars has also been provided. When you click on Hindi translation and select the language as Tamil, it automatically translate everything into Tamil. Good use of technology.

      Regards,
      Rammohan

      On 16-Oct-2017 5:03 AM, "vs rajan vsrajan60@... [SUMADHWASEVA]" <SUMADHWASEVA@...> wrote:

      Sri Sri Raghavendra Matha. Manthralaya Allready follows this in their website providing for advance bookings for Sevas bookings for rooms etc.

      Soundararajan

      On Sun, 15 Oct 2017 at 2:10, thippa srini thippasrini@... [SUMADHWASEVA]

      Yes. Let us follow :

      On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 5:27, Raghu Rao rrao115@... [SUMADHWASEVA]

      Hare Sreenivasa,

      Please let's use "Matha" instead of Mutt whenever we refer to our Madhva places of worship.  Mutt is a very demeaning word and its meanings are as below according to the dictionary.  Kindly refrain going forwards.   Regards, Rao

      mutt
      mʌt/
      noun
      informal
      noun: mutt; plural noun: mutts
      1. 1.
        a dog, especially a mongrel.
        "a long-haired mutt of doubtful pedigree"
        synonyms:mongrel, hound, dog, cur, tyke; More
        informalpooch;
        informalmong, bitzer
        "a long-haired mutt of doubtful pedigree"
      2. 2.
        a stupid or incompetent person.
        "he pitied the poor mutt who ever fell for her charms"
      Origin
      इनलाइन छवि

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic