42932Re: [SUMADHWASEVA] Discontinue usage of word "Mutt"

  • Sanjoooooooooooo
    15 Oct
      Namaskara -

      MUTT clearly indicates a holy place where Brahmins get together for performance of a common objective. If MUTT has different meanings in other languages, it is not the problem of Sanskrit. Since it makes sense to write mutt has MUTT, it should be.  We cannot keep changing our words, or their spelling because, it means something else in other languages. MATHA basically means ಮಠಾ , which is wrong as it should be ಮಠ (Muth or MUTT. both are valid).

      Kiss in Swedish language means to pee, Barf means ice in Hindi, but means Vomit or vomited food in English. No one in Hindi has discontinued this word because it is weird in English.

      Letz not bother what MUTT or MUTH means in other languages. It means to us a great place! This is my sincere opinion. ​

      ______________________________ ____________

      ರಕ್ಷಮಾಂ ಕೃಪಯಾ ಕೃಷ್ಣ

      ಮಳಖೇಡ ಕ್ಷೇತ್ರ ನಿವಾಸ ಶ್ರೀ ಜಯತೀರ್ಥ ಗುರುಂ ಭಜೆ !!!

      ಲಕ್ಷ್ಮೀಕಾಂತ ಗುರುಂ ವಂದೇ ಲಕ್ಷ್ಮನಾರ್ಯಮಹಂ ಸದಾ l

      ರಕ್ಷಿತಾನ್ ಸ್ವೇನ ಕುರ್ವಾಣಂ ಲಕ್ಷೇಶಾನ್ ಭಿಕ್ಷುಕಾನಪಿ ll

      ಭಜಿಸಿ ಬದುಕು ನಿತ್ಯ ವಿಜಯದಾಸರ ಪಾದ

      Sanjay!

      On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 8:01 PM, Raghu Rao rrao115@... [SUMADHWASEVA] <SUMADHWASEVA@.... in> wrote:

      Hare Sreenivasa,

      Please let's use "Matha" instead of Mutt whenever we refer to our Madhva places of worship.  Mutt is a very demeaning word and its meanings are as below according to the dictionary.  Kindly refrain going forwards.   Regards, Rao

      mutt
      mʌt/
      noun
      informal
      noun: mutt; plural noun: mutts
      1. 1.
        a dog, especially a mongrel.
        "a long-haired mutt of doubtful pedigree"
        synonyms:mongrel, hound, dog, cur, tyke; More
        informalpooch;
        informalmong, bitzer
        "a long-haired mutt of doubtful pedigree"
      2. 2.
        a stupid or incompetent person.
        "he pitied the poor mutt who ever fell for her charms"
      Origin
      इनलाइन छवि

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic