4186SHSI - short stories collection - book publication by SHSI members

  • shsieditors
    Nov 11, 2013
      Dear All

      I've been in touch with Jaico Publishers (thanks to Vasudev Murthy, bless him!) - and they will consider publishing a short-story collection by SHSI - on Sherlock Holmes, obviously.

      We need to send them samples. Whoever is interested, please drop me a line - or, better still, please drop in your story! The sooner, the better!

      Please note that this is a much serious affair than our e-magazine. (It will actually be on paper and available in book stores! How cool is that?) So, that quality needs to go up considerably, yes? You'll be a published author!

      Send in your best works. We're all great readers, so cast a reader's eye on your story before you send it. Would you pay to read what you've sent us? If yes, hit the "send" button asap!!

      I'm not sure how many will get published, or which ones, or any at all - the professionals at Jaico will take care of that. But if you send me something, I'll faithfully forward it to them.

      Do remember:
      1. The work has to be original.
      2. Quality is very, very important. Serious stuff, yes?

      Most of you would probably be aware of the Donald Thomas and. Ted Riccardi SH pastiches Jaico has brought in. (There are three more coming, by the way.)

      But we have a lot of fantastic people - we should be able to do this, yes?

      Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

      From: ruling_jay@...
      Sender: SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...
      Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 10:17:46 +0000
      To: SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...<SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...>
      ReplyTo: SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...
      Subject: Re: SHSI Vote of thanks

      It's up on the blog. Look for the entry dated June 1, 2013 on sherlockholmessociety.in

      Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

      From: Rajit Roy <roy_rajit@...>
      Sender: SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...
      Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 18:13:13 +0800 (SGT)
      To: SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...<SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...>
      ReplyTo: SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...

      Where will the magazine be published? Where can I view it?

      On Friday, 8 November 2013 3:15 PM, "ruling_jay@..." <ruling_jay@...> wrote:

      Welcome to SHSI, Rajit!

      To bring you up to date on the major things at the moment:

      (1) Do look up our Facebook page and the blog!

      (2) The next issue of our e-magazine will be out on December 1. If you're interested in submitting any write-ups or artwork, please send it to us at shsieditors@... by 15 November!

      Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

      From: Rajit Roy <roy_rajit@...>
      Sender: SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...
      Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 17:29:06 +0800 (SGT)
      To: <SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...>
      ReplyTo: SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...
      Subject: SHSI Vote of thanks

      I express my heartful thanks for welcoming me to this group. It had always been my dream to become a member of a group or organisation that would share my deep love and admiration for Sherlock Holmes and this is perhaps the best possible start. As I said already that Sherlock Holmes, for me, is a way of life. I have been reading and re-reading the stories since I was in 7th or 8th standard and it won't be an exaggeration to say that I have given a large part of my life to the legend. He is my icon. Moreover, it feels really good to have people with whom you can share your common love.
      Thank you again.
      "The little things are infinitely the most important."
      ~ 'H.E.' Sherlock Holmes

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic