4555Re: Sherlock comes to Bollywood this April

  • Balaji Narasimhan
    Mar 21, 2014
      Jay,

      ///
      Thoughts? I'm trying very hard to hold onto my dinner at the moment.
      ///

      One hopes that it follows some of The Great Detective's methods!

      Indian cinema has matured beyond masala--but they can't get beyond the song and dance routine.

      Case in point--I was watching a Kannada movie on a historic character some time ago. This character in real life never had a love interest, just like Holmes. But the movie showed him prancing around with a PYT. Noticing this, a friend said that Indian directors will get Hanuman married just to feature a romantic song!

      Balaji

      PS: Note to our non-Indian members--Hanuman is a bachelor God from the Ramayana.
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic