4653Re: SHSI Re:: Annual Meet #2

  • Prof. Venugopal bhaskaran nair
    Jun 19, 2014
      jay,
       good.any one of them can be the finance manager.Just make it clear that we will not reimburse the amount sent as advance.
       Sure, I want a copy.Hand it over to Sumal and I will take it from him when I meet him in October.
        thank you
      venu

      On 19 June 2014 16:04, Jay Ganguly ruling_jay@... [SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia] <SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...> wrote:

      Completely agree with the Professor, especially after last year's fiasco. As suggested by the Professor, Rs 500 is a good figure to begin with. And in case someone is unable to make it or backs out at the last minute, the attendees won't have to suffer.

      We need at least one Treasurer. I'd vote for Sumalji and Satyajit - whoever is willing to take it up. It would also be great to have some volunteers to help organise the event - interested Sherlockians, please drop us a line.

      A special calendar has been made to commemorate our Annual Meet #2. The calendar runs from August 2014 to July 2015. It features SHSI/Sherlock-related art and photographs, and it lists out Sherlockian events throughout the world during this period (well, the ones I could get hold of, thanks to several very, very helpful Sherlockians across the globe). I've had very few units made as of now (Sumalji and I have some copies) - because we have no idea how many people are interested in it. I am going to put up pictures and details of the calendar on the blog (hopefully tonight), so that those who want it can take a look and figure out if they want it or not and let us know. We will place an order for more calendars accordingly.

      Oh, yes, it's a full-colour wall calendar, and each piece costs Rs 235 + shipping. Those who are attending the meet can pick up their copies at the venue. Those who cannot attend and still want the calendar, we will have to work something out; because either Sumalji or I will have to ship them to you individually, so it'll be a tad more expensive for you.

      The banner has also been made and should reach Sumalji in a day or two.

      Regarding activities - great suggestions by both Noufal and Tim, and I'd love to do either or both! What we do, however, will depend on how many people we get. What would be the point of enacting A Scandal in Bohemia, for example, if the designated Irene Adler - or the King - do not turn up?

      Should we try and make up a game of our own, too?

      Regarding where to stay in Delhi - I'd suggest South Delhi - or somewhere with direct and easy access to South Delhi. The venue is likely to be around Ansal Plaza/Andrews Ganj. However, I'm an imbecile when it comes to locations/directions - so Sumalji or Satyajit would be the best people to turn to for guidance here.

      On Thursday, June 19, 2014 10:21 AM, "'Prof. Venugopal bhaskaran nair' prof.venugopal.snc@... [SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia]" <SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...> wrote:

      sumal, this is not with the programme of teh meet.I am not attending the meet as I will be back only by september first or second week. Please keep the meet documents for me with you. Most probably I will be at Delhi by October 12/13.
          Another point, pleas eask the members ready to attend to remit an advance of say, Rs500 or so so that we can arrange the preliminary matters.This should be made compulsory.
      love
      venu

      On 18 June 2014 19:43, sumalsn <no_reply@...> wrote:

      Dear Holmesians,
      As you are aware, we are having our Annual Meet #2 at New Delhi on 24 Aug 2014. I would request our members to suggest agenda points, programmes or any suggestions, you would like the Society  to incorporate.
      Please also confirm your attendance so that the organizers are adequately prepared.