4699Re: SHSI Enquiry

    Jul 6, 2014
      In or around Andrewsganj, I should think - Sumalji and Satyajit would know better, actually.

      On Monday, July 7, 2014 9:45 AM, "Ravi muzikbuff@... [SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia]" <SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...> wrote:

      Thanks Jay, that surely helps.

      Any pointers on the venue?

      Cheers,
      Ravi.

      On Sun, Jul 6, 2014 at 10:09 PM, Jay Ganguly ruling_jay@... [SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia] <SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...> wrote:

      12ish, I should think. Perhaps 4-5 hours?

      If it helps, I'm flying in on Saturday (23rd) in all likelihood, and flying out either late night on Sunday or early Monday morning.

      On Sunday, July 6, 2014 12:41 PM, "Ravi muzikbuff@... [SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia]" <SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...> wrote:

      Hi,
      What is the venue of the annual meet? And, the timings please (even a very broad time estimate will suffice, need it to search/book flights).
      Cheers,
      Ravi.
      On 03-Jul-2014 12:06 pm, "Jay Ganguly ruling_jay@... [SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia]" <SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...> wrote:

      Thanks, Ravi. Got the voucher; booking your calendar. :)

      On Thursday, July 3, 2014 12:02 PM, "Ravi muzikbuff@... [SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia]" <SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...> wrote:

      Hi Jay,

      I have filled in the registration form, and have mailed an e-gift voucher to you. The Flipkart Order Id is OD40703033806. As I will not be attending the annual meet, and want the calendar to be posted to me, the e-gift voucher is for Rs. 335.

      Please confirm. Thanks in advance.

      Regards,
      Ravi.

      On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 1:24 PM, SHSI Editors shsieditors@... [SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia] <SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...> wrote:

      Aditya - God, give it a few days, would you? As I've said, I just had it posted a couple of days back. Only metros get it this fast; yours will take time.

      Ron - yours went in the earlier lot, but given it has to go all the way to USA - it'll still be a few weeks, I assume.

      Deepak - your calendar should reach you in a day or two. Since you were the first (and only) person to book the calendar and pay for it, I've thrown in a couple of posters for you. One is a (extra?) large version of the gorgeous SHSI brand designed by Petr Kopl, and the other is a mid-large pencil-art for SHSI by Marilena Duca. Please confirm when you receive the package.

      Prajakta/Satyajit - I have booked desired copies of the calendar for you. You can pay me at the Annual Meet.

      Professor - your calendars are with Sumalji; please pay him when you collect them from him.

      Everyone else - I am not getting any further calendars made unless I receive upfront payment and a duly filled registration form.

      Re e-magazine freebies: I am finally taking Sumalji's advice. No more freebies to everyone. It is becoming too much of a hassle for me (not to mention expensive). Only the best couple of entries will get goodies from now on. Who decides the best ones? I do, in consultation with Sumalji.

      Re: Annual Meet #2: We've got 4 attendees so far. Whoever else is interested in coming, please fill up the registration form and make your payment to Satyajit and Sumalji. If you want a calendar as well - indicate the same in the form and send me the payment for the calendar only. In case anyone is still confused regarding payments, this is the situation:

      1. You want to attend the Annual Meet and want to buy the SHSI Calendar - pay Rs 500 to Satyajit/Sumalji and Rs 250 per calendar to me (assuming you will pick it up at the Annual Meet)
      2. You will attend the Annual Meet but do not want a calendar - Just pay Rs 500 to Satyajit/Sumalji
      3. You will not attend the Annual Meet but want a calendar to be sent to you - Pay Rs 335 to me for calendar + shipping. For international shipping, add Rs 200 extra to that.
      4. You are neither attending the Annual Meet nor want a calendar - Relax - I shall not nag you.

      If you are still lost, please get in touch with our newly appointed Treasurer - Satyajit Gupta.

      Hope to see some new faces in August.

      Regards
      Jay

      SHSI Editors
      Proceedings of the Pondicherry Lodge

      On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 9:19 AM, Ron Lies relies1@... [SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia] <SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...> wrote:

      I have not received any item in the mail either, Ron Lies

      On 7/1/2014 9:32 PM, aditya08pandey1996 aditya08pandey1996@... [SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia] wrote:

      Hello,
      Till when i am suppose to get it? Coz i was asked abt my postal address one week ago.

      The music that can deepest reach,
      And cure all ill, is cordial speech.
      -Ralph Waldo Emerson, Writer & Philosopher (1803-1882)

      The music that can deepest reach,
      And cure all ill, is cordial speech.
      -Ralph Waldo Emerson, Writer & Philosopher (1803-1882)

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic