4970Re:: RE: SHSI Re: Was Sherlock Holmes an atheist?

    Sep 28, 2015
      Dear Balaji saab and Tim Symonds sir,
      I shall quote from the Gloria Scott ," Trevor was the only man I knew, and that only through the accident of his bull terrier freezing on to my ankle one morning as I went down to chapel".
      Why would a man who is a social recluse in college go to a chapel? I suppose only if he is a believer.
      I would say this indicates that the young  Sherlock Holmes was a believer in college who might have become an agnostic or atheist much later. His belief would be largely due to his upbringing.