5093Fwd: Elementary’s Mycroft and Morland Holmes - A Tale of Doyle's Two Mycrofts

    Jun 25, 2016

      Sent from my iPhone

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: "I Hear of Sherlock Everywhere" <feedblitz@...>
      Date: 25 June 2016 at 16:16:24 IST
      To: ruling_jay <ruling_jay@...>
      Subject: Elementary’s Mycroft and Morland Holmes - A Tale of Doyle's Two Mycrofts

      I Hear of Sherlock Everywhere

      'there was a paragraph in the Morning Post'

      - Charles Augustus Milverton

       Hi , here's your update from I Hear of Sherlock Everywhere, the definitive site and podcast for news and information about Sherlock Holmes in popular culture.

      Elementary’s Mycroft and Morland Holmes — A Tale of Doyle's Two Mycrofts

      “He was very like the chap that I had seen the night before” [STOC]

      Arthur Conan Doyle never set out to make Sherlock Holmes a series character. A Study in Scarlet and The Sign of Four did not set the literary world on fire in 1887 and 1890 respectively. Before The Strand Magazine came into being in January 1891, there wasn’t a market for a short story serial character. Such a thing did not yet exist.

      In the beginning of the nineteenth century, with the rise in literacy and more...

      The game's afoot! (click here for more) »

      Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 365 Boston Post Rd, Suite 123, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.