5134Re: SHSI Sherlock: The Six Thatchers

    7 Jan 9:12 am
      Just completed watching the episode (8 to 10 PM was the premiere telecast). I don't watch Sherlock for the classical treatment of him - for that I have the full DVD set of Jeremy Brett's canonical performance. But this one was a bit of a downer. Hindi movie-ish at times, plot holes galore (a dead body sitting in a car for a week will not smell?) and overt sidelining of Watson.

      Tough to write any further without introducing spoilers. Though I found Watson's David moment a bit of an unnecessary detail, and disappointed that Moriarty is not back yet.

      And they overdid the canon references, I thought.

      Binand

      PS: Didn't know that there are three languages in a US passport. :-)

      On 5 January 2017 at 18:29, Pratik prats.pratik@... [SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia] <SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...> wrote:

      Hi All,

      I would like to know your views and opinions on the latest Sherlock episode.
      Was it too action packed for a Sherlock Holmes story which showcased very little of his intellectual prowess or was it able to strike a balance between both.

      I as a Sherlock fan was left a tad disappointed at the end of the episode.I felt like I wasn't treated to his eccentricities or even his methods.Please share your views.

      Cheers,
      Pratik

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic