Sherlock Holmes Film

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 2009
      I am posting this message on behalf of Shri Kumar Bhatiaji, who is unable to access his account due to technical glitch,

      Dear Friends,
      As we Sherlockians, world-wide wait for the new movie starring
      Robert Downey Jr. in the role of the Master , ( slated for release in November this year)
      There's more good news on the subject .
      I came across this interesting article yesterday .
      See what Jude Law , who plays Dr. Watson in the movie,has to say
      Kumar Bhatia.
      Jude law is desperate to work in another Sherlock Holmes movie and is hoping for a sequel because there are so many more stories to tell.
      The actor plays Holmesfaithful sidekick Dr. Watson in Guy Ritchies new adaptation of the classic detective tale, reports femalefirst.co.uk.

      "The more you work on the substance of the film, the more you go back to the source material, and the more, you realise, there is to tell. This relationship went on and on and on, and there are fantastic stories and even better characters,
      We would love that the audience falls in love with it as much as we have and then we can tell a whole bunch more,"
    • Anand Balachandran Pillai
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 7, 2009
        On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 8:55 AM, sumalsn <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > I am posting this message on behalf of Shri Kumar Bhatiaji, who is unable
        > to access his account due to technical glitch,
        >
        > Dear Friends,
        > As we Sherlockians, world-wide wait for the new movie starring
        > Robert Downey Jr. in the role of the Master , ( slated for release in
        > November this year)
        > There's more good news on the subject .
        > I came across this interesting article yesterday .
        > See what Jude Law , who plays Dr. Watson in the movie,has to say
        > Kumar Bhatia.
        > Jude law is desperate to work in another Sherlock Holmes movie and is
        > hoping for a sequel because there are so many more stories to tell.
        > The actor plays Holmesfaithful sidekick Dr. Watson in Guy Ritchies new
        > adaptation of the classic detective tale, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
        >
        > "The more you work on the substance of the film, the more you go back to
        > the source material, and the more, you realise, there is to tell. This
        > relationship went on and on and on, and there are fantastic stories and even
        > better characters,
        > We would love that the audience falls in love with it as much as we have
        > and then we can tell a whole bunch more,"

        I only hope Guy Ritchie produces something better this time than his usual
        fare.
        Anyway, the ever truthful and lasting Holmes & Watson act in my mind would
        be
        Jeremy Brett and Edward Hardwicke for the Granada television series in the
        80s.
        Not sure if any act can ever replace the impression Jeremy Brett left behind
        of the
        master, especially towards the beginning of the series. Later due to his
        disease
        his appearance changed dramatically and he had "puffed up" look due to
        Oedema
        etc which made the character deviate substantially from the characteristic
        Holmes
        persona.

        --Anand