Re: SHSI Sherlock Holmes and democracy

    Message 1 of 7 , May 28, 2012
      On 28 May 2012 22:03, sumalsn <no_reply@...> wrote:
      > Dear Shri Binand and Holmesians,
      > Isaac Asimov also wrote the Black Widow series which was a detection club. Good series though I have read only two of those books!

      There are six books in that series. I read most of them while I was an
      undergrad at IITB. Now need to look them up somewhere :-)

      There is also the Union Club series and so on. He was a prolific
      writer and not just of Science Fiction.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 2, 2012
        Dear Shri Binand and Holmesians,
        Please tell me where you can get your hands on the Black widower series.I think Isaac Asimov was also a a great fan of the Canon. " The caves of steel" is supposed to be the first science fiction detective novella
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 3, 2012
          On 3 June 2012 09:52, sumalsn <no_reply@...> wrote:
          >  Dear Shri Binand and Holmesians,
          > Please tell me where you can get your hands on the Black widower series.I think Isaac Asimov was also a a great fan of the Canon. " The caves of steel" is supposed to be the first science fiction detective novella

          I had ordered them off Amazon.co.uk when I was living in Europe. But
          right now, I can see only The Puzzles of the Black Widowers and The
          Return of the Black Widowers available on Junglee.

          The Caves of Steel is usually available in most local bookstores (try
          the nearest Crossword).

          Anyone knows a decent seconds (online) bookstore? There was a B&M
          seconds store on Museum Road in Bangalore way back in 2001 when I was
          working there, does it still exist?