Proceedings of the Pondicherry Lodge

  • KUMAR BHATIA
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 1, 2013
      Dear friends and fellow Sherlockians ,
      The release of the 2nd Issue ( Volume 1) of the " Proceedings of the Pondicherry Lodge " on the 1 st of December .
      What  a lovely way to start the month !
      Dark deeds however , later into the month , and  I quote from the Canon ;

      "Precisely so, on the twenty-second of December, just five days ago. John Horner, a plumber, was accused of having abstracted it from the lady's jewel-case....."
      Sherlock Holmes - ' The Blue Carbuncle

      Back to POPL 2.1
      Congratulations to Ms. Jayantika Ganguly and her team , for putting together a truly interesting mix of news , book reviews
      Pastiches ( nice one Mr. Vasudev Murthy ) and articles on Pastiches ( well written Prof. Venugopal ).
      Encouraging words about our Society  by Ales Koludrbec of the CSSH and Mike "Wiggins" Whelan of the venerable BSI
      are indeed heartning .
      A special 'well done ' to Sumalji for a tough quiz and commendation to our fellow Sherlockian from Hungary,
       Ms. Zsofia Marinscak , whose utter dedication really comes thru in her well written article  about the Master .

      I salute , once again Ms. Jayantika , for her ' Sherculian ' efforts ( a nice title, she thought of herself ) and her team for a job well done and look forward to Issue 3 .
      KUMAR BHATIA

      P.S ; Thank you for including my speech / article on the Canon . And for the nice words you said about me . I am honoured and touched .
      P.P.S . May I request  a picture of the plaque we presented to Sumalji at the first gatheting of members in august ,  be re-posted on facebook .  It hasnt really come across readably in the POPL
      And may I point out that it was our Society that felicitated Sumalji and presented him the plaque , I was instrumental just in getting it made .
      K.B.

    • ruling_jay
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 1, 2013
        Thanks, Bhatiaji - great idea; I've put up all the pictures of the plaque I have on Facebook. Album is called "SHSI Plaque." It's up on the SHSI page.
        Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

        From: KUMAR BHATIA <kumarbhatiashsi@...>
        Sender: SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...
        Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2013 23:07:17 +0400
        To: SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...<SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...>
        ReplyTo: SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...
        Subject: SHSI Proceedings of the Pondicherry Lodge

        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 1, 2013
          Oh, yes, to be acknowledged publicly - half (well, half at the very least, ought to be more) the credit (for editing, work and ideas) of the e-magazine goes to Sumalji! :) :)

          Jayantika Ganguly
          General Secretary & Editor

          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 2, 2013
            Hello Jay and fellow members. Firstly can I say a big thank you for giving me the opportunity to present my work, I am very grateful. The magazine is superb, well done!

            Can I suggest that for a paper version that you look at Createspace, run by Amazon? This is a print on demand service at no cost, members and other interested parties just order from Amazon like any other book. There is a template to download and you populate it with your Word document. I think it is worth a look as there are no upfront costs.

            Kind regards,

            Dick

            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 2, 2013
              Hi, Dick! Thanks a ton; I'll take a look - Createspace sounds great!

              Has anyone here used it? Could you help?

              Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 30, 2014
                Volume 2 Issue 2 - December 1, 2014

                Here you are:

                SHSI - Vol 2 Iss 2 - PotPL - 01.12.2014 - f.pdf - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwQc1QYI_r9RUGxIVEFsU0ZZeVk/view?usp=sharing

                Cheers
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 30, 2014
                  If anyone is facing trouble with the above link, there's a direct download link available on our website: http://www.sherlockholmessociety.in/2014/12/proceedings-of-pondicherry-lodge-1.html

                  Message 8 of 12 , May 31, 2015
                    My dear Sherlockians and Holmesians,

                    Hope this email finds you well. I am happy to release the summer issue of the Proceedings of the Pondicherry Lodge for 2015. Trying out a new style - a more sober one, so it isn't as colourful as the previous ones. Let's see how it looks. (I suspect, though, that we'll be back to extra-colourful, flamboyant stuff for the winter issue.)

                    Anyway - as always, this is free of cost and free for download/distribution. Spread the cheer!

                    May the Holmes be with you!

                    Cheers for the Year of Waiting for Sherlock,

                  • Noufal Ibrahim KV
                    Message 9 of 12 , May 31, 2015
                      Thank you Jay for publishing my little story. I'd very much value
                      feedback from the more experienced writers in this group. My over
                      ambitious plan is to rewrite more stories from Holmes' perspective.

                      Message 10 of 12 , May 31, 2015

                        I think you should do the full canon! Even the ones Holmes narrated!

                        On 01/06/2015 9:20 am, "Noufal Ibrahim KV noufal@... [SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia]" <SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...> wrote:

                        Thank you Jay for publishing my little story. I'd very much value
                        feedback from the more experienced writers in this group. My over
                        ambitious plan is to rewrite more stories from Holmes' perspective.

                        On Sun, May 31 2015, Jay Ganguly ruling_jay@... [SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia] wrote:

                        > My dear Sherlockians and Holmesians,
                        > Hope this email finds you well. I am happy to release the summer issue
                        > of the Proceedings of the Pondicherry Lodge for 2015. Trying out a new
                        > style - a more sober one, so it isn't as colourful as the previous
                        > ones. Let's see how it looks. (I suspect, though, that we'll be back
                        > to extra-colourful, flamboyant stuff for the winter issue.)
                        > Now, without further ado, here's the link: http://www.sherlockholmessociety.in/2015/05/proceedings-of-pondicherry-lodge-volume.html
                        > Anyway - as always, this is free of cost and free for download/distribution. Spread the cheer!
                        > May the Holmes be with you!
                        > Cheers for the Year of Waiting for Sherlock,Jay
                        > Jayantika GangulyGeneral Secretary and Editor, Sherlock Holmes Society
                        > of IndiaMember, Sherlock Holmes Society of LondonMember, Ceska
                        > spolecnost Sherlocka HolmeseAuthor, "The Holmes Sutra", MX Publishing,
                        > 2014

                      • Noufal Ibrahim KV
                        Message 11 of 12 , May 31, 2015
                          On Mon, Jun 01 2015, Jay Ganguly shsieditors@... [SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia] wrote:

                          > I think you should do the full canon! Even the ones Holmes narrated!

                          [...]

                          I'd love to but this is a lot more effort than I thought it would be. I
                          don't know if I can. :)

                        • VM
                          Message 12 of 12 , May 31, 2015
                             Jay

                            A great compilation. Congrats to you! This is a true and selfless labour of love and all of us appreciate it.

                            Noufal, your story was great and I look forward to many more!

                            Regards