Annual Meet #2

    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 6, 2014
      Venue: New Delhi
      Date: 24 August 2014 _ it's a Sunday!

      And we're listed on Sherlockian Calendar now! Link: http://www.sherlockiancalendar.com/

    • Prof. Venugopal bhaskaran nair
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 7, 2014
        Jay, It is terrible.How can I attend it/I will be coming only by September .So is there any way to extend it?I am going to Delhi by October 10.

        Venue: New Delhi
        Date: 24 August 2014 _ it's a Sunday!

        And we're listed on Sherlockian Calendar now! Link: http://www.sherlockiancalendar.com/

        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 7, 2014
          No problem, Professor; we'll have another meet when you're back! Meanwhile, while the rest of us meet in Delhi, you can attend the London events and let us know about those! :) :)

          Date: 24 August 2014 _ it's a Sunday!

          And we're listed on Sherlockian Calendar now! Link: http://www.sherlockiancalendar.com/

        • Noufal Ibrahim KV
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 7, 2014
            On Fri, Jun 06 2014, Jay Ganguly ruling_jay@... [SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia] wrote:

            > Venue: New Delhi
            > Date: 24 August 2014 _ it's a Sunday!

            [...]

            This looks doable to me. I'll definitely try to come there.
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 18, 2014
              Dear Holmesians,
              As you are aware, we are having our Annual Meet #2 at New Delhi on 24 Aug 2014. I would request our members to suggest agenda points, programmes or any suggestions, you would like the Society  to incorporate.
              Please also confirm your attendance so that the organizers are adequately prepared.
            • Prajakta Hebbar
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 18, 2014

                Count me in!

                Prajakta Hebbar

                On 18 Jun 2014 19:43, "sumalsn" <no_reply@...> wrote:

                Dear Holmesians,
                As you are aware, we are having our Annual Meet #2 at New Delhi on 24 Aug 2014. I would request our members to suggest agenda points, programmes or any suggestions, you would like the Society  to incorporate.
                Please also confirm your attendance so that the organizers are adequately prepared.

              • Noufal Ibrahim
                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 18, 2014
                  I plan to attend this year but don't know anything about Delhi, the
                  place where the meet is organised or anything. I'd appreciate some help
                  on where to stay etc. so that I can make plans.

                  Apart from that, I've always wanted to do an ensemble reading of a
                  classic story. Different characters are read by different people and we
                  record the whole thing and upload it somewhere.

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 18, 2014
                    sumal, this is not with the programme of teh meet.I am not attending the meet as I will be back only by september first or second week. Please keep the meet documents for me with you. Most probably I will be at Delhi by October 12/13.
                        Another point, pleas eask the members ready to attend to remit an advance of say, Rs500 or so so that we can arrange the preliminary matters.This should be made compulsory.
                    love
                    venu

                    Message 9 of 16 , Jun 19, 2014
                      Completely agree with the Professor, especially after last year's fiasco. As suggested by the Professor, Rs 500 is a good figure to begin with. And in case someone is unable to make it or backs out at the last minute, the attendees won't have to suffer.

                      We need at least one Treasurer. I'd vote for Sumalji and Satyajit - whoever is willing to take it up. It would also be great to have some volunteers to help organise the event - interested Sherlockians, please drop us a line.

                      A special calendar has been made to commemorate our Annual Meet #2. The calendar runs from August 2014 to July 2015. It features SHSI/Sherlock-related art and photographs, and it lists out Sherlockian events throughout the world during this period (well, the ones I could get hold of, thanks to several very, very helpful Sherlockians across the globe). I've had very few units made as of now (Sumalji and I have some copies) - because we have no idea how many people are interested in it. I am going to put up pictures and details of the calendar on the blog (hopefully tonight), so that those who want it can take a look and figure out if they want it or not and let us know. We will place an order for more calendars accordingly.

                      Oh, yes, it's a full-colour wall calendar, and each piece costs Rs 235 + shipping. Those who are attending the meet can pick up their copies at the venue. Those who cannot attend and still want the calendar, we will have to work something out; because either Sumalji or I will have to ship them to you individually, so it'll be a tad more expensive for you.

                      The banner has also been made and should reach Sumalji in a day or two.

                      Regarding activities - great suggestions by both Noufal and Tim, and I'd love to do either or both! What we do, however, will depend on how many people we get. What would be the point of enacting A Scandal in Bohemia, for example, if the designated Irene Adler - or the King - do not turn up?

                      Should we try and make up a game of our own, too?

                      Regarding where to stay in Delhi - I'd suggest South Delhi - or somewhere with direct and easy access to South Delhi. The venue is likely to be around Ansal Plaza/Andrews Ganj. However, I'm an imbecile when it comes to locations/directions - so Sumalji or Satyajit would be the best people to turn to for guidance here.

                      Message 10 of 16 , Jun 19, 2014
                        jay,
                         good.any one of them can be the finance manager.Just make it clear that we will not reimburse the amount sent as advance.
                         Sure, I want a copy.Hand it over to Sumal and I will take it from him when I meet him in October.
                          thank you
                        venu

                        On 19 June 2014 16:04, Jay Ganguly ruling_jay@... [SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia] <SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...> wrote:

[...]

                      • Deepak Mehta
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jun 19, 2014
                          Jay,

                          It will not be possible to attend, but a calendar for me, please.

                          Please indicate the amount and the Bank details for electronic transmission and I'll do the rest. 100 % advance should be acceptable to all as it minimizes administrative work at your end.

                          Thanks & Regards,
                          Deepak K Mehta

                          Message 12 of 16 , Jun 19, 2014

                            On 19 June 2014 22:45, Deepak Mehta dkmehta_blr@... [SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia] <SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...> wrote:
                            It will not be possible to attend, but a calendar for me, please.

                            A calendar for me too, please.

                            Message 13 of 16 , Jun 19, 2014
                              Professor/Deepak - thanks for the support!

                              I did take the pictures and write it up last night, but then I made the mistake of glancing at the clock and consequently, got too lazy to upload it...sorry about that!

                              How does it look?

[...]

                            • Ravi
                              Message 14 of 16 , Jun 23, 2014
                                A calendar for me too, please. And do let me know the payment related modalities.

                                Better still - I am trying to make it to the Annual meet, and will pick it up there.

                                Cheers,
                                Ravi.

                                On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 9:41 PM, 'Prof. Venugopal bhaskaran nair' prof.venugopal.snc@... [SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia] <SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...> wrote:

[...]

                                The music that can deepest reach,
                                And cure all ill, is cordial speech.
                                -Ralph Waldo Emerson, Writer & Philosopher (1803-1882)
                              • Deepak Mehta
                                Message 15 of 16 , Jun 24, 2014
                                  How do we book our Calendar? Please advice.

                                  Best Regards,
                                  Deepak

[...]

                                • Kamleshwar Pandey
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Jun 26, 2014
                                    Dear Sir,

                                    I am very much interested in the meet.Count me in.
                                    Please send me the payment option and details of the program.

                                    Thanking You,
                                    Kamleshwar Pandey.