Fwd: - Sherlock Holmes And The Adventure Of The Suicide Club

  • KUMAR BHATIA
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 10, 2014

      Dear Friends and Fellow Sherlockians ,
      Last friday evening , I had the pleasure of watching the enactment of
      SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE ADVENTURE OF THE SUICIDE CLUB
      A play in two acts , presented by "Backstage Dubai " ( a group of talented amateurs )
      A brand new Adventure in which the Master ( and Dr. Watson )  run into "  The Suicide Club " (  by R.L. Stevenson )

      The play was extremely well directed by Gautam Goenka , and ran to a Full House , all four shows.

      Ms. Jayantika Ganguly , has been suggesting for a while now , that we should endeavour to get a play together .
      This will surely interest her .

      KUMAR BHATIA

      From: backstage.dubai@...

      In the heart of London, behind the impassive facade of a windowless house, some of Europe's most powerful men gather to play a game. The game is murder, and this is The Suicide Club. But the club has a new member, Sherlock Holmes: brilliant, brooding, the greatest detective in the world. Why does Holmes wish to die? Can his friend Dr. Watson save him? Or doesn't Holmes want to be saved? A new stage thriller featuring the famed sleuth in a tale full of mystery, romance, twists and chills.

      ​he production ​
      will be staged between
      ​6
      th​
      -
      ​8​
      th
      ​Nov
      ember​
      , 2014 at Kilachand Studio Theatre at DUCTAC, Mall of the Emirates.

      ​​
      Sherlock Holmes And The Adventure Of The Suicide Club

      Director -
      ​Gautam Goenka

      ​Producer - A
      ​nkita Manikantan
      Cast :
      Arjun Burman - Sherlock Holmes
      David Daly -Dr Watson

      Written by
      ​-
      ​Jeffrey Hatcher

      ​Showtimes
      Thursday,
      ​6

      ​Nov​
      ember 2014 - 7:30PM
      Friday,
      ​7

      ​Nov
      ember 2014 - 7:30PM
      Saturday,
      ​8 Nov
      ember 2014 - 2:30PM & 7:30PM (2 shows)
      (Doors open 30 mins before the show)​

      ​​
      Location:

      Kilachand Studio Theatre,
      DUCTAC,
      Mall of the Emirates. Dubai

    • Philip K Jones
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 10, 2014
        My friends:

        This play was written by Jeffrey Hatcher (who collaborated with Mitch Cullin on writing "A Slight Trick of the Mind"). It was first performed by The Arizona Theater Company, in Tucson, AZ from September 18th, 2011 to October 8th, 2011; and in Phoenix, from October 13th to 30th, 2011. Of course, it is a "crossover" tale with the writings of Robert Lewis Stevenson.

        Phil

        Philip K. Jones

        An Ill-dressed Vagabond

        pkenj@...