Was Sherlock Holmes an atheist?

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 26, 2015

      Dear Holmesians,

      The question I am proposing to be debated is, "Was Sherlock Holmes an atheist?. What is the evidence available in the Canon to show whether he was a believer ,agnostic or atheist?

      Members can put in your views. I hope we have the Group buzzing again with debate!

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 28, 2015
        Dear Holmesians,
        There are several instances of Sherlock Holmes talking of religion or something spirtual. In the Boscombe Valley mystery, he tells Mr. John Turner, " You are yourself aware that you will soon have to answer for your deed at a higher court than the Assizes".
        Can members bring out more instances?