The Bengali Sherlock Holmes

    Message 1 of 1 , 25 Jan 12:40 am
      Dear Holmesians,

      Recently I read an article in Livemint about Bengali detectives. We all know about the famous ones,- Feluda and Byomkesh Bakshi, but there seems to be many.

      I was intrigued to find that Rajshekhar Basu, known by his pen name Parashuram had created a detective, Saralakhyo Hom, and his assistant, Botuk Sen.The puns on the names clearly indicate the influence of the Canon .

      The link to the article is here- http://www.livemint.com/Leisure/LibY45l3PWg0B2DYI8SsCN/Calcutta-noir.html.

      By the way, it has a reference to our honoured member, Dr Pinaki Roy's book.