The mysterious death of Richard Lancelyn Green

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 24, 2017

      Dear Holmesians,

      Richard Lancelyn Green was a  scholar on  Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and Sherlock Holmes and was generally considered the world's foremost scholar on these topics.

      His death was notable for the  suspicious circumstances surrounding it. Please read the wonderful article in the New Yorker magazine I have linked below,

      http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2004/12/13/mysterious-circumstances

    • Ron Lies

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 26, 2017
          Dear Holmesians and Shri Ron Lies,
          It is indeed a mystery as to why Richard Lancelyn Green chose to make his suicide look like a murder.
          Regards,
          Sumal S
        • Ron Lies
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 26, 2017
            I have thought of this subject since your posting of this article. There is as Sumal mentioned the idea that Mr Green faked his suicide to look like murder. As Sumal has already thought of, A Murderer could tried to fake his crime of murder as a suicide. There is even the possibly of that a friend of Greens or Greens Sister found the body. They did not want it to be declared a suicide and so tried to make look like a murder. There are so many possibilities. Including the that it was a poorly planned suicides.
            Thanks for the discussion Sumal and my other society members,Ron aka one for whom s always afoot.
          • Pitner
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 26, 2017
              The death of Richard Lancelyn Green
              has been compared to the Thor Bridge