[Statisticians_group] Regression

  • Sri
    Message 1 of 7 , May 29, 2012
      Hallo all,

      Am new to Data Analytics & Statistics.
      Learning and acquiring knowledge through
      Web, can any one please suggeat me
      good book, reads for learning statistics and
      Data analysis start from the scratch.

      Help is highly appreciated.

      -Sri Sreedhar
    • sai sreedhar

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 22, 2012
          you may visit:

          www.statisticsdoctor.tk
          www.nichetrainings.com

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 22, 2012
            1) Almost any introductory statistics book will get you started.  - Do not dismiss such a source - most people in the world think that the contents _are_ statistics.

            2) Be sure the book has problems in it that you can work on.  If it has examples before each one, then it should be easier.  (This is important.  years ago, I had a friend from Pakistan who learned via the English lecture method.  He had the same books I had in a US graduate school, but never did the problems.  You will almost never learn how to solve stat questions that way.)

            3) It helps (is much faster) if you can have someone help you get started on the problems. - someone who has taken the course, or who has taught the course before.

            4) Remember that most statistics problems (i. e., most problems to be solved, scientific, engineering, manufacturing, arguably even social), us the Scientific method:  Hypothesis, data collection, analysis & check against hypothesis.  Every time I walk into a company, my first question is 'what's the problem?' - I will make the hypothesis from that.  Every problem that you do, find those three things in it.

            5) When you set up a problem, always make sure the data can answer the question, the analysis can process the data to answer the question, and the question (hypothesis) can be answered by the data.  All three must link together.  If not, get new data or new analytical method.  or new question.

            6) When you are about one-third the way through the introductory book, look around to take on your own questions.  Yes, it's hard.  But that's why you are doing this, true?

            7) About 2/3 through the book, look around for another book, or course, or instructor, for the next stage.  Most people settle on mostly one approach to their problems - they fit the problem questions to it - go study that type of analysis.

            8) But never forget step 4.  And 5.

            Oh, BTW;  You may be able to get on-line books for the intro stat.  Possibly even free.

            Good luck,

            Jay

            On Sep 22, 2012, at 2:46:46 PM, sai sreedhar wrote:

            Hallo all,

            Am new to Data Analytics & Statistics.
            Learning and acquiring knowledge through
            Web, can any one please suggeat me
            good book, reads for learning statistics and
            Data analysis start from the scratch.

            Help is highly appreciated.

            dint get reply...

            Learning and acquiring knowledge through
            Web, can any one please suggeat me
            good book, reads for learning statistics and
            Data analysis start from the scratch.

            Help is highly appreciated.

            -Sri Sreedhar
            .
            Web Bug from http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97490481/grpId=16412409/grpspId=1720083392/msgId=5296/stime=1338294754/nc1=1/nc2=2/nc3=4558343

            Jay Warner
            Principal Scientist
            Warner Consulting, Inc.
            4444 North Green Bay Road
            Racine, WI 53404-1216
            USA

            Ph:       262.634.9100
            email:  quality@...
            web:    www.a2q.com

            The A2Q Method (tm) -- What do you want to improve today?

            Our visitors, June 9

          • Sri
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 22, 2012
              Thanks alot for the reply Jay :)
              I loved it.
              Yes till now i just have been reading alot, will start working from now on.
              Loved your reply.
              Do you have any book recommendatipns for me?? Or even websites?

              Thanks again for your time.

              Regards
              Sreedhar

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 27, 2012