      From: Rajesh Chandwani <chandwani01@...>
      Subject: [apnahimachal] Three-day Holi fest begins
      To: apnahimachal@...
      Date: Tuesday, 10 March, 2009, 10:05 AM

      Three-day Holi fest begins
      Tribune News Service

      Hamirpur, March 9
      The three-day historical Holi festival of Sujanpur Tihra began this evening with the formal inauguration of the festival by chief guest Divisional Commissioner Ashwani Kapoor.

      Addressing the gathering on the occasion, he asked the people to preserve our historical festivals and maintain the traditional status of this festival since these were the symbols of our brotherhood and social fabric.

      Earlier, Kapoor carried traditional worship at the Murli Manohar temple and also participated in a shobha yatra carried out on the occasion.

      Hamirpur DC Abhishek Jain and other dignitaries participated in the shobha yatra wearing colourful turbans.

      The chief guest also inaugurated an exhibition put up at the chowgan.