3127Nalwari Mela begins

  • Rajesh Chandwani
    Mar 17, 2009
      Nalwari Mela begins
      Our Correspondent

      Bilaspur, March 17
      Fairs and festivals are the real mirrors of strength of our rich hill cultural heritage and since these do not vanish with passage of time, this is the proof that these thrive and prosper in our hearts and are passed on to the new generation with our emotions and thoughts, which are attached to them. This was said by BK Agrawal, Himachal secretary, Language and Culture, while inaugurating the seven-day state level historical and cultural fair; Nalwari Mela, at the Luhnu ground of the town, after leading a procession of district officers and citizens through town bazaars.

      The Deputy Commissioner JS Rana honoured the chief guest by offering a shawl and memento.

      Earlier, Rana welcomed the chief guest and said all attempts had been made to make this fair enjoyable and useful for all those who would attend it. He said hundreds of renowned wrestlers would compete in its four-day wrestling bouts and the best wrestler would get a cash prize of Rs 51,000 apart from the silver mace called Bhim Gada.