My science fiction in Tamil in www.popsamiti.com

  • sundaraselvan
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 6, 2009

      Popsamiti is a project curated by Tajender Sagoo. It is a platform for artists and writers to explore themes in art and culture with the aim to forge new narratives for the 21st century.

          As part of this project a call was given in this group by tajender sagoo from London inviting contributions including science ficitons in south Indian languages. As I write in Tamil and English this was personally brought to my notice by Dr.Arvind Mishraji during a chat.I submitted two contributions.After several months of prepration a POPSAMITI paper has been launched in London in August.During the preparation several interaction with tajender sagoo was done including sending the Tamil font file and proofing the fiction.Due to space constraint one of my science fictions out of two sent has since been published.

        My science ficition titled "IYANTHIRA MALAR" meaning Machine flower has been published in the 14 th page of the paper.

         The gist of the story is the protagonist Bhrathwajan's sky-taxi  mal-functions while in space when a woman rescues him by docking her sky-taxi with his and landing it to safety.The woman Selenna and Bharathwajan fall in love. Selena is from space colony. Bhrathwajan wants to marry Selenna after matching the RH facor. Selena takes leave of him after he proposes to him never to return. He goes in search of Selena to space colony. What he came to know was shocking : Selena was programmed woman destined to destruct at a particular time. She vainly tried to extend her life time but gets destructed and no she is no more. Yes she is an android or a machine woman(that's why the ficiton is titled Machine flower). Even though she was a machine her memories will take a long time to fade from his heart.

       A hindi contribution from Dr.Arvind Dubey also finds a place in the paper.

        The paper is available online in www.popsamiticom

        I thank this group and Dr.Arvind Mishraji on the occassion of the publication of my science fiction.

        I take this opprtunity to congratulate Dr. Arvind Dubey

        K.Mohan (Mohan Sanjeevan)

    • arvind mishra

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 6, 2009
          "Firefox can't find the server at www.popsamiticom.com"!

          Also, you will normally get more people to read your story if you
          directly give link to it rather than giving home page & making them
          search. I have a few subscribers from TN & Indo China, & might publish
          the Tamil link if you give the story link that works (I myself don't
          know Tamil beyond a few words I picked up during a few visits to Madras).

          --
          <http://variety-sf.blogspot.com/>

        • zeashan zaidi
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 6, 2009
            That is excellent concept

            Zeashan Zaidi

[...]

          • CHANDRA MOHAN NAUTIYAL
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 7, 2009
              Congratulations to both the authors.
              CMN

[...]

              See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Yahoo! Buzz.
            • sundaraselvan
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 7, 2009
                I thank all those who extended their congratulations in support of their fellow writer.
                One view was expressed that it was not accessibel through firefox. I feel one should have one alternate browser like internet explorer to avoid this problem.
                K.Mohan (Mohan Sanjeevan)
              • arvind dubey
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 8, 2009
                  Thanks to all my well wishers