Science Fiction in India-Book Arrived!

  • drarvind
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 25, 2011
      Dear Friends,

      Though the mission is still not accomlpshed but a dream has come true with the publication of 'Science Fiction in India' by National Council for  Science and Technlogy Communication (NCSTC).
      The  book is compilation of  the selected papers presented at a National Seminar on Science Fiction held in Varanasi. It focuses on various aspects of Science Fiction and its role in communicating science and technology related issues to the common man. It also examines how science fiction input could be enhanced and successfully employed in various science communication modules currently in vogue in India.

       There are discussions on characteristics of SF and its historical background, and on topics like robotics, artificial intelligence, surrogacy, cloning and stem cell research. In all, it is a comprehensive study on the different aspects of Science Fiction in India, dealing with its past, present and future.

      This is also christend as Benares Document on Science Fiction as enviasaged and conceptualized by Dr.Manoj Patairiya ,Director NCSTC.

      You could order the book online on  Amazon  .
      http://www.amazon.com/Science-Fiction-in-India-ebook/dp/B005AJAFGA/ref=sr_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1311139484&sr=1-6

    • Reema Sarwal

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 25, 2011
          congrats on this new achievement .

          Zeashan Zaidi

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 25, 2011
            Dear friends,

            Greetings to all.

            Some time back i got intimated that a book titled "Science fiction, past, present and future has been published by Ayush books. I believe the present book "Science fiction in India" is different from that book. Also i do not know whether i find a mention in the new book too as i made presentations and also participated in the panel discussions on the Benares document where i have made several suggestions.

            Can anyone of u clarify on the above queries?

            I have been little busy in other things like popularisation of space, astronomy and science so i could not come here.

            With best wishes

            K.Mohan(Mohan Sanjeevan)
          • arvind mishra
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 25, 2011
              K.Mohan,
              It is same book and publisher is NCSTC ,Ayush being distributor
              only.Your article is included.Ask for your copy from Ayush.

              --
              (Arvind Mishra.,Ph.D.)
              *CEO,*Fisheries,
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 25, 2011
                Thanks Mishraji for the prompt clarification. i have now addressed the ayush people for sending me a complimentary copy.

                K.Mohan(Mohan Sanjeevan)