Re: Iqbaal Saab..:(((

  • Kamaal Mustafa Sikander
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 20, 2007
      I am totally shocked to read this sad news. Atleast Nareshji had the
      courage to pass this message to everyone.

      I was in contact with Iqbal Sahab through email and admired the
      spirit and kept wondering what could be the interest of this man in
      doing so much for the music community? Does he have any commercial
      interest, I used to think for long time but couldn't find any
      commercial angle to his service. It was simply his dedication to
      the art form. Now I feel so ashamed that I couldn't get time to give
      atleast my comments regularly.

      He used to enquire about my wellbeing every other day. Once I had
      enough funds, I had a plan to set up a SKS group that paid tributes
      to various artistes in live programme and a major share of the income
      would have been for the artistes and their family. Just yesterday I
      received a mail from Ramaswamy about some artiste. There are lots of
      such artistes in Bombay who played important role in the making of
      those songs that we listen day in and day out, we just remember the
      Latas and Rafis but never get a chance to pay back to other artistes.
      For this plan, M.Iqbal was a major figure that would have guided us
      in that. I am shellshocked to write anything at this moment.

      I join everyone to pray for the departed soul and patience for the
      family members.
      Kamaal Mustafa

      --- In sangeet_ke_sitare@..., "Naresh Khattar"
      <nareshkhattar@...> wrote:

      > Friends:
      >
      > Someone close to Iqbal Saab scrapped me on Orkut to say that we
      have lost Iqbal Saab this morning. I have tried to verify it back
      with that person and he confirms back this shocking news. I have also
      tried calling his residence number but it is being reported as
      switched off. It is said he died of a massive heart attack this
      morning. He was still in his 50s, and had lost his partner a few
      years back. A loss that he mentioned to me once that he used to find
      hard to bear at this period of his life. He was a public figure from
      Kochi, been its councilor and Mayor.

      > I am shell shocked and don't have words to express my grief. He
      scrapped me today morning at 5.15AM ( a routine that he has been
      following daily since he came to know of my sister's illness and the
      surgery) and I have yet to reply to that scrap :(

      > Some one who, by his own admission, been exposed to internet only
      for an year or so; he has been a quick learner. He revived the music
      groups on Talat and Naushad and have also been writing regularly on
      SKS, SJ and Lata Groups. Lately he had been very active on Orkut
      communities contributing everywhere. He also runs a most lovely blog
      where he had just yesterday uploaded a few Rajkumari songs and wanted
      me get back to him with feedback.

      > Praying fervently to that god almighty to give his soul the eternal
      peace and also give strength to his son and others in his family to
      bear this loss with fortitude.

      > In grief...
      >
      > Naresh Khattar

    • Karthik Bappanad
      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 20, 2007
        I am totally shattered by this news :-( Just yesterday night, I downloaded
        the songs of Rajkumari Dubey that Iqbal Saab had shared, and put a comment
        in the blog thanking him. It is a very sad day indeed and HFM has lost a
        very passionate lover and a very active member of multiple communities. I
        was always amazed by the amount of energy Iqbal Saab had in learning all the
        latest happenings in internet and using them to the maximum to promote HFM.

        Iqbal Saab has left a vacuum that cannot be filled. I pray to the Almighty
        to give his family the courage during these hard times. Let us all pray to
        God for the sake of Iqbal Saab.

        Still in shock.

        Karthik

        On 3/20/07, Kamaal Mustafa Sikander <sksfan@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > Kochi, been its councilor and Mayor.
        > >
        > > I am shell shocked and don't have words to express my grief. He
        > scrapped me today morning at 5.15AM ( a routine that he has been
        > following daily since he came to know of my sister's illness and the
        > surgery) and I have yet to reply to that scrap :(
        > >
        > > Some one who, by his own admission, been exposed to internet only
        > for an year or so; he has been a quick learner. He revived the music
        > groups on Talat and Naushad and have also been writing regularly on
        > SKS, SJ and Lata Groups. Lately he had been very active on Orkut
        > communities contributing everywhere. He also runs a most lovely blog
        > where he had just yesterday uploaded a few Rajkumari songs and wanted
        > me get back to him with feedback.
        > >
        > > Praying fervently to that god almighty to give his soul the eternal
        > peace and also give strength to his son and others in his family to

        http://karthikrb79.blogspot.com
        When one bases his life on principle, 99 percent of his decisions are
        already made.

      • Ravi Sharma
        Message 3 of 18 , Mar 20, 2007
          My heartfelt condolences to Iqbalji's family.

          Though I never personally interacted with him, his love for music was
          evident from his posts on SKS. He would always provide interesting
          news on Malayalam music and cinema and had equally good understanding
          and appreciation of HFM. He also seemed to be a very sociable person,
          always being the first one to send wishes on every festive occasion.
          Sadly, all that will be no more.

          May his soul rest in peace.

          - ravi

          <nareshkhattar@...> wrote:

          > Friends:
          >
          > Someone close to Iqbal Saab scrapped me on Orkut to say that we have
          lost Iqbal Saab this morning. I have tried to verify it back with that
          person and he confirms back this shocking news. I have also tried
          calling his residence number but it is being reported as switched off.
          It is said he died of a massive heart attack this morning. He was
          still in his 50s, and had lost his partner a few years back. A loss
          that he mentioned to me once that he used to find hard to bear at this
          period of his life. He was a public figure from Kochi, been its
          councilor and Mayor.

          > I am shell shocked and don't have words to express my grief. He
          scrapped me today morning at 5.15AM ( a routine that he has been
          following daily since he came to know of my sister's illness and the
          surgery) and I have yet to reply to that scrap :(

          > Some one who, by his own admission, been exposed to internet only
          for an year or so; he has been a quick learner. He revived the music
          groups on Talat and Naushad and have also been writing regularly on
          SKS, SJ and Lata Groups. Lately he had been very active on Orkut
          communities contributing everywhere. He also runs a most lovely blog
          where he had just yesterday uploaded a few Rajkumari songs and wanted
          me get back to him with feedback.

          > Praying fervently to that god almighty to give his soul the eternal
          peace and also give strength to his son and others in his family to
          bear this loss with fortitude.

          > In grief...
          >
          > Naresh Khattar

        • ramesh k.v.
          Message 4 of 18 , Mar 20, 2007
            This really is a sad news. I was always under the impression that Kerala had only Malayalam film and carantic music fans. Iqbal saab was the one who got rid of tjis notion by sharing the news about various tribute programs and opened my eyes to the vibrancy and appeal of music. His enthusiasm for all things to do with music will be truly missed

            Ramesh

[...]

            Sangeet Ke Sitare
            (Legends of HFM)
            Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Kamaal Mustafa Sikander
            Message 5 of 18 , Mar 20, 2007
              Friends:

              At this time of grief, is there a way that we could contact his family
              to send in the condolences.I have not been able to reach his home on
              phone as it is switched off.

              Rama, you have met him at his home, do you have some contacts there?

              We should also perhaps check up with the family, discreetly, if we at
              SKS can be of some help in anyway. Those who know Iqbal Saab are aware
              that even though he was in public service, he was a very honest and
              upright man.

              We request all the members of this group to kindly guide us on this.

              Naresh Khattar/Kamaal Mustafa
            • Sonu
              Message 6 of 18 , Mar 20, 2007
                Its a really a shocking news. Kabhi socha bhi nehi tha ki Iqbal ji ke baarein mein yeh sunne ko milega. ( still want this news to be false )

                I used to interact a lot with Iqbal ji personally regarding HFM topics and our common grps like SKS, Talat, Naushad, SJ, multipy site and other common intersts.

                Kaafi kam time mein hamari kaafi ache se jaan pehchaan hogayi thi. Iqbalji iss tarah se baat karte thay jaisa ki vo kaafi pehle se jaante ho. Kisi tarah ka koi ghamand ya ego probelm nehi dikhayi.( inspite of the fact I was lot younger and inexp )

                I first came in contact wth Iqbalji when I praised his wide music interests in SKS. and in return Iqbalji personally mailed me and then our long discussions started on North and South Indian music .My usual Q to him used to be how can South indians love hindi music but why its not true vice versa??. He liked me for the respect I gave to South Indians. I had promised him to learn Malyalam to know Malayali culture more.( I love all South indians and their culture).Inshaalaah jab bhi time milega jaroor sikhunga.

                Jaisa naresh ji ne kaha........Iqbal ji kaafi ache nature ke thay. Kabhi unhone ehsaas nehi hone diya ke hum log ek dusre ko kam jaante hain.

                Talat group was started by Iqbalji. If talat grp has some good no of members ...its all because of Iqbal ji. He will personaly collect Mail IDs and then personaly used to mail to each member via his "photo mails". He used to tell me - "mails with good pics alwys have a good effect on recipent."

                Lot of work on Naushad grp was done by Iqbalji. He was modertor of both these grps. and frequent contirbutors to other HFM grps like SKS, Lata etc.

                Till few months ago he hardly knew titbits of internet. and within months he was top members of grps and maitained among the best sites on hfm at multiply

                Check out his aricles in SKS grp and in Talat grp. and at his mutliply site

                Sites started by him :

                http://ikku.multiply.com/ ( can you find a better site then this one??? )

                Whether its on OPN or Rajkumari or surinder kaur or any Malayali artist.. he loved every one. you wont find a music lover like him . Apart from hfm interst he was gem of aperson.

                He will personaly mail and greet all people on imp festivals. whther Muslim or hindu fests. (thts tells alot abt him... many times mails used to be via photo mails. tell me who cares to do so much ??? ). I still remember the photo he sent me on Diwali which had a lovely diwali pic.

                Time seems is not good for us. first we loss OPN then Shaily and now our respected member Iqbal ji. Its apersonal loss for me I ve lost a good frd. It has further upset me.

                May god give strength to his family to bear this loss.

                Sonu

                PS : request to members : Please aap sab aapna khayal rakha karein. Pray to God. be positive and do good things. and no tension please. .you will get the best.

                ( Iam regreting few things.....why I cant do something to stop all this??? )

[...]

              • sonu
                Message 7 of 18 , Mar 20, 2007
                  Kamaal/Naresh bhai aapki tarah main bhi chahta hoon ki kuch hum
                  kar sakein.

                  Humnne kaafi acha hfm fan aur insaan khoya hai.

                  Kya Rama ko Iqbal ji ka kuch idea hai kya??? ya orkut ke
                  through???

                  please mail me personally for any such informaion

                  oye_sonu@... oyesonu@...

                  Sonu

                  --- In sangeet_ke_sitare@..., "Kamaal Mustafa
                  Sikander" <sksfan@...> wrote:

                  > Friends:
                  >
                  > At this time of grief, is there a way that we could contact his
                  family
                  > to send in the condolences.I have not been able to reach his home
                  on
                  > phone as it is switched off.
                  >
                  > Rama, you have met him at his home, do you have some contacts
                  there?

                  > We should also perhaps check up with the family, discreetly, if we
                  at
                  > SKS can be of some help in anyway. Those who know Iqbal Saab are
                  aware
                  > that even though he was in public service, he was a very honest
                  and
                  > upright man.
                  >
                  > We request all the members of this group to kindly guide us on
                  this.

                  > Naresh Khattar/Kamaal Mustafa

                • Satish Kalra
                  Message 8 of 18 , Mar 20, 2007
                    That indeed comes as a shock. My heartfelt condolences to the family and friends and the entire internet community that he had made friends with.

                    RIP.

                    Satish Kalra

                  • Romee
                    Message 9 of 18 , Mar 20, 2007
                      I have just open up my inbox and come to know this
                      news, I am shoccked to know this. Though I have never
                      met him in person but we had very good relationship by
                      mails, when ever he upload some thing on his site he
                      use to mail me in person so that I can d/l that.

                      Few days back I have taken his number from
                      Naresh Jee and I have yet to call.

                      I really feel very setback after this news.

                      May his soul rest in eternal peace.

                      --- Naresh Khattar <nareshkhattar@...> wrote:

                      > Friends:
                      >
                      > Someone close to Iqbal Saab scrapped me on Orkut to
                      > say that we have lost Iqbal Saab this morning. I
                      > have tried to verify it back with that person and he
                      > confirms back this shocking news. I have also tried
                      > calling his residence number but it is being
                      > reported as switched off. It is said he died of a
                      > massive heart attack this morning. He was still in
                      > his 50s, and had lost his partner a few years back.
                      > A loss that he mentioned to me once that he used to
                      > find hard to bear at this period of his life. He was
                      > a public figure from Kochi, been its councilor and
                      > Mayor.
                      >
                      > I am shell shocked and don't have words to express
                      > my grief. He scrapped me today morning at 5.15AM (
                      > a routine that he has been following daily since he
                      > came to know of my sister's illness and the surgery)
                      > and I have yet to reply to that scrap :(
                      >
                      > Some one who, by his own admission, been exposed to
                      > internet only for an year or so; he has been a quick
                      > learner. He revived the music groups on Talat and
                      > Naushad and have also been writing regularly on SKS,
                      > SJ and Lata Groups. Lately he had been very active
                      > on Orkut communities contributing everywhere. He
                      > also runs a most lovely blog where he had just
                      > yesterday uploaded a few Rajkumari songs and wanted
                      > me get back to him with feedback.
                      >
                      > Praying fervently to that god almighty to give his
                      > soul the eternal peace and also give strength to his
                      > son and others in his family to bear this loss with
                      > fortitude.
                      >
                      > In grief...
                      >
                      > Naresh Khattar

                      Finding fabulous fares is fun.
                    • ritusks
                      Message 10 of 18 , Mar 20, 2007
                        --- In sangeet_ke_sitare@..., "Kamaal Mustafa Sikander"
                        <sksfan@...> wrote:

                        I just saw this message on RMIM and was hoping it was not the same
                        Iqbal saab but your post confirmed my worst fears.

                        I am really at a loss of words. Like you I too feel guilty that I
                        could not respond to him as often and in as much enthusiasm that he
                        used to write to me. He was so positive, bright and encouraging. He
                        had written such a sweet testimonial for me on orkut which had
                        embarrased me initially for it's exuberance. But he was such a
                        positive person that I did not have the heart to take it off. He was
                        also writing a script for a program on SD Burman for a TV Program. He
                        wasooo full of life.

                        I still cannot believe Iqbal Saab will never come again. This is a big
                        big loss. I really can't think straight but we should get our
                        condolences to his family. Priya is in Cochin too. Why not contact her?

                        Ritu
                      • Srinivas Ganti
                        Message 11 of 18 , Mar 20, 2007
                          <nareshkhattar@...> wrote:

                          > Friends:
                          >
                          > Someone close to Iqbal Saab scrapped me on Orkut to say that we have
                          >lost Iqbal Saab this morning. I have tried to verify it back with
                          >that person and he confirms back this shocking news.

                          Very sad news. He was quite an enthusiastic music lover.
                          He used to send emails with song links quite often.
                          We will all miss him.
                        • Pavan Jha
                          Message 12 of 18 , Mar 20, 2007
                            Oh my god.. Sad and shocking news indeed.. though I had a little interaction
                            with him
                            but I could feel his passion for music.. a great admirer of HFM..

                            May his soul rest in peace..

                            Pavan

                          • Naresh Khattar

                              Message 14 of 18 , Mar 21, 2007
                                Iam posting below one of the last mails of Iqbal bhai to me.Check his encouraging reply to me.( over my posts). He had planned a lot for his multiply site. ( also for talat grp also). Today I chatted with Surinder dhall ji.and he was telling me that Iqbal ji was involved in lot of social work also. helped people alot.

                                people have lot to say in his praise

                                http://www.orkut.com/Profile.aspx?uid=3343788547252274739

                                Maafi chahunga agar kuch galat likh diya ho .

                                O & O

                                Sonu

                                PS : ( certain portions deleted )

                                who is going to forget these words???

                                Iqbal bhai :

                                "Sonu bhai

                                To say, it was a natural reaction which any music lover's mind keeps in him. It was passionate and had matters of fact. Then what? You must write. You have idea and you know how to express. Then never keep away yourself. Do you know how many viewers might have read your post?

                                In fact I am happy to provide a post therein, of you.

                                Thank you for your kind appreciation of my site. You know, it is nothing but hard work. More time consuming. Also, unavoidable. It has reached a point that regular viewers demand updating regularly.
                                But I am gratified that as a humble music lover, among you, I could at least that apart.

                                I have given the addresses of our grouops as links on it, including talat, sks etc.

                                What I said was, my site by itself I am trying to make it a Music Magazine( sort of ). I did not have the guts to remark it a Music Magazine. So I am trying for making it to be a Magazine. "

                                Hope you are okay.

                                Congrats for your beautiful note.

                                M.Iqbal, Cochin

                                Sonu <oye_sonu@...> wrote:
[...]

                                ---------------------------------
                                Need Mail bonding?

                              • Sonu
                                Message 15 of 18 , Mar 21, 2007
                                  Few lines...from our Iqbal bhai's first mail. thts july 2006 when I first got mail from Iqbal bhai titled " Hello from cochin "

                                  a part of Iqbal bhai's mail : -

                                  "
                                  What we have to beleive is that the basis of all culture is none but the human being.
                                  The problems of human beings, his feelings, woes, joy and awe are the one and same elsewhere.
                                  But all these diversity, these plural colours, do create beauty. AS the nature. As Sonu Bhai says Life is short. Let us enjoy all these colours and fragrance. All languageas, cultures, and civilisations are not of any particular group or section whom they belong to, but that of entire humanity. "

                                  Also check the intro at his mulitpy site very well written . A reflection of what sort of person Iqbal bhai was. !

                                  will miss you. Iqbal bhai

                                  O & O

                                  Sonu

                                  Sonu <oye_sonu@...> wrote:
[...]

                                • Srinivas Rao
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Mar 21, 2007
                                    Very touching indeed!

                                    Life has given several shocks of late. Reminds us that life is so short,
                                    gives a message - let's enjoy it in bliss.

                                    Never met Iqbaal Saab but used to read his mails, felt the energy and
                                    enthusiasm he had for music and respect for music lovers - overall also got
                                    a sense of his being a down to earth and 'bhola bhala' nature.

                                    Atleast for many of us it's a big e-loss.

                                    Cheers Iqbaal bhai up there

                                    Srinivas

                                    _____

                                    Sonu <oye_sonu@yahoo. <mailto:oye_sonu%40yahoo.com> com> wrote:
[...]

                                    groups.yahoo.com/group/talatmahmood/

                                    http://ikku. <http://ikku.multiply.com/> multiply.com/ ( can you find a

                                    Naresh Khattar <nareshkhattar@ <mailto:nareshkhattar%40gmail.com> gmail.com>
                                    wrote:
[...]

                                  • sarvesh verma
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Mar 21, 2007
                                      Dear Raoji

                                      When I read the news I was shocked. I couldn't work for sometime after that.

                                      We often wrote to eachother though we neer met. We also kept in touch on gmail. He often mailed Malyalam songs to me. What was most gratifying about my interaction with him was one mail through which he downloaed 8 of the 11 songs sung by Master Madan in 1935. He also sent me a little note on the little maestro's life history. I have preserved them like a treasure beyond imagination. I think that's the best I can do in memory of Iqbalji. Keep the greatest gift to me.
                                      But I think even God needs some great guy to be by his side. I wish his soul rests in peace up there
                                      regards
                                      Sarvesh

                                      wrote:
[...]

                                    • Vijoilakshmi Ram Bhat