Re: [sangeet_ke_sitare] Re: Asha v/s Geeta - A simple Litmus test

  • priya
    Message 1 of 238 , Jan 6, 2004
      > LOL!!!!! Does that include the amateur ones too? :P
      No no Asha and NJ sound perfectly feminine :D!

      Is that touche or did U not realise I was referring to U. :P

      >Yes.. it's very charming. Two other rare but charming songs by
      her
      are from Jogan.. 'Daro re rang daro re' and 'Chanda khele aankh
      micholi'. The second one esp.

      Must hear them again. P mourns her hard disc again. All my songs are in the comp shop. :(((

      >Very interesting.
      Actually to delve in some more shrink behaviour :),
      maybe it's your own personality that determines the voices that touch
      you. For instance, I am by and large an extrovertish personality so I
      find more exotica and romance in the quiet, serious types. Are you
      introvertish?

      I think so. U guys tell me. I think I am both. As a kid I was a real out and out extrovert. Till about 6. Then I went into a deep shell  and only recently emerged out of it. I am horribly shy when I first meet people and do not chat easily. But if I make friends usually it is a lifelong kind of thing. Yet despite my quite behaviour especially in a small place like Kerala my ideas are to the general public extremely oulandish and so people seem to think me a queer one. I think I have an extrovert hidden in me that shows itself only at times. Maybe it is also due to being in the cusp of Leo (dominant) and Virgo (feminine yet steely). Sorry for going on about myself.

      But yes I am always attracted in music and personalities to the more open, vivacious, brilliant lot. My choice of 3 fav singers is ample proof. I love the exuberance of Asha, NJ and KK.
      But in personal frinedships and so on that is not the rule. I vibe well with both kind of people as long as our ideas do not clash.
      Waise nice to know U were attacted to the sobriety and seriousness of Dev saab. ;)))
      And surely Dad Burman does not fall under the quiet lot?

      >Yeah that's the difference. I find no enigma in
      Kishore's voice. I
      closely identify with all the emotions he depicts making him too
      familiar to have any romance :).
      Ah well perceptions!!!

      >You hit the nail on the head!!! You are
      right Manna has everything
      but something missing. Could it be a distinct musical personality?

      Maybe. And yet there is something about the voice too. Shrug.

    • Satish Kalra
      Message 238 of 238 , Jan 17, 2004
        LOL.   {Just read this post of yours, Ritu.}

        Satish (Uncle).

        ritusks <ritusks@...> wrote:

        Manna Dey does not even remind me of my father... he reminds me of
        the uncle next door :)!!!

        :))))))

        Cheers
        Ritu