Can SEAWAT stand alone?

  • dalebarrow@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 20, 2010
      I have recently downloaded SEAWAT but have discovered that it only works wth MODFLOW (which isnt freeware). Any freeware programmes with which SEAWAT can operate, or can it stand alone?
    • Matt Tonkin
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 20, 2010
        MODFLOW is free, and is distributed by the USGS. SEAWAT is free, and is
        based on free versions of MODFLOW and MT3DMS. If someone is indicating
        MODFLOW is not free, please be sure to follow up directly with the USGS web
        sources for MODFLOW and SEAWAT.

        Cheers,

        Matt Tonkin
        S.S. Papadopulos & Assoc., Inc.
        7944 Wisconsin Avenue
        Bethesda, MD, 20814
        Cell: 508 815 9886
        Office: 301 718 8900 x258
        email: matt@...

        I have recently downloaded SEAWAT but have discovered that it only works wth
        MODFLOW (which isnt freeware). Any freeware programmes with which SEAWAT can
        operate, or can it stand alone?
      • Ward E Sanford
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 20, 2010
          MODFLOW and SEAWAT are both free. Along with their source codes.
          You can download them from the USGS website.

          http://water.usgs.gov/software/lists/groundwater

          Ward

          From:
          "dalebarrow@..." <dalebarrow@...>
          To:
          seawat@...
          Date:
          10/20/2010 11:19 AM
          Subject:
          [seawat] Can SEAWAT stand alone?
          Sent by:
          seawat@...

          I have recently downloaded SEAWAT but have discovered that it only works
          wth MODFLOW (which isnt freeware). Any freeware programmes with which
          SEAWAT can operate, or can it stand alone?
        • Dale Barrow
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 21, 2010
            Many thanks! But does the SEAWAT software operate on its own, or must I have modflow installed already? I downloaded the SEAWAT as i seems to be a complete programme, but I cant get it to run/work? Does it work on Windows 7? How should I install/run it?

            Kind regards,
            Dale

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 22, 2010
              Dear Dale,

              you can operate SEAWAT software altogether with Visual MODFLOW module, if you have pre-installed V MODFLOW, i am not confirm whether this will work with windows 7 or not,

              Good luck.

              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 22, 2010
                To be more clear,
                SEAWAT is a programme, does it come with a nice user interface or must it be used alongside some sort of other user interface (like modelmuse). Or is the problem Im having related to my Windows 7 operating system?