Guidance using SEAWAT with PMWIN

  • axelvoss
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 16, 2007
      hi,
      does anybody has a guidance listing the modifications one has to make
      when using PMWIN as a preprocessor for SEAWAT? a list with special
      hints to be considered would be appreciated.
      thanks
      --axel
    • Charl Al Twal
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 17, 2007
        Why don't you use the PM win with SWI package they do support you with very good manual and much easier to use. I start working with SEAWAT and PMwin but I found that it is much faster and easier to use the SWI package with the PMWIN.

        SWI is available for free with an excellent manual and very good examples. The advantage of using SWI is that you can simulate the aquifer layer as single vertical cells but seawat you need to do it at 10 layers which will required much more work and data. Also SWI package deal only with the surface of the sea fresh water intrusion without the need to run MT3D it dose not deal with desperation and diffusion.

        Best regards,

        Charl Al Twal
        Groundwater modeler
        Mobile 00962 795385625