1281Know yourself

  • C. P. Kumar
    10 Jul
      I cannot know myself through someone else. I need to look into me to know me.

      Sometime back a lady contacted and after few minutes she said, can you tell me more about me?

      I did not know what to say I know what she wanted to hear. May be she wanted to check if I was a psychic or I can tell her about your future or past. But I smiled and said you need to tell me about yourself. You know yourself for years, so you will know everything better than I can ever tell. And what if I say something and you will say no it's not true. But when you will say something, it will be true.

      She was at lack of words after I am........

      I wanted to hug her and tell her what actually do you want and she said that she wanted to do something and why do you want to do something? She replied saying, so that I can be famous. And why do you want to be famous? She did not know? May be it will make you feel better about yourself? She nodded and then the next question was, then you would want them to think good of you and then there will be another concern, that everyone has to think good of you and one day you will realize that not everyone can like you and think good of you. So why don't we start with that?

      What you want to do, is upto you. What makes you happy, what skills you have, what gifts you have, you know it better and if you really wanted to do that, you would now have asked what shall i do to be famous. You would have have asked, what shall I do to do this something?

      Instead of asking someone else, spend time with yourself to know who you are, what you want, what are your qualities  and everything. We need to ask others, because we havn't made an effort ourselves. My job is not to give you readymade food, but to train you on how to cook.

      She came back after few days and with the whole plan in her hand. She knew what she wanted and how she wanted to reach there.

      It is there for all of us. Spend time with yourself, know yourself. Regarding your past and future, first thing it's not needed much, second thing, still it will come, when required!

      Sheetal Jain
      Life Coach and Author

      Sheetal Jain provides one free telephonic consultation every Sunday (on first come first served basis). You may contact her at email address tosheetal@...

      image