1282Have we learned from own mistakes?

  • C. P. Kumar
    11 Jul
      A woman was very stressed as she was going through many problems in life. Her family hardly had food to eat. Her mother asked her that it’s rare I have seen someone going through something like this. People in debts also have better lives. What is it that you have done to deserve a life like this?

      This one sentence stuck with her and she went home to think and when she started thinking, it was like Universe was waiting for her to answer. How she had troubled her maids and tried not paying their salaries on time. She would always try to hold that money for her personal use and then pay in parts. She never thought that what kind of financial situations they might be going through. Then she did not treat her husband’s parents also nicely. She thought they wanted to take away something from her and that’s why she did not let them come. Also, she borrowed money from her friends saying will return in sometime and then never returned. Thinking where does it matter to them, when she will have in abundance, she will. But can she have ever in abundance if this was her thought process? Looking at her situation, it was evident that it was deteriorating every day. Now, that it has all happened, how can she correct, when she had no money.

      She started cutting out from whatever she had. If she was eating 2 chapattis, she would give one to someone else who was hungry, even if it was a dog. She had no money but somehow, they were managing food and she started cutting out from that. Gradually her situation improved, it took 2-3 years but it started improving.
      We all do mistakes, sometimes intentionally and sometimes unintentionally. With intentions also we may not realize what we are doing. It’s not about fear of Karma, it is also about learning the right from wrong.

      Spend time with yourself. Know what you are doing and what you have done. You do not need anyone to guide you. We all have that radar or God inside who is waiting to guide us. Just that we need to listen to him and be honest in accepting rather than justifying with ego.

      Sheetal Jain
      Life Coach and Author

      Sheetal Jain provides one free telephonic consultation every Sunday (on first come first served basis). You may contact her at email address tosheetal@...

      image