3132Re: 10 Years of SHSI

  • Johnny Bravo
    May 24, 2011
      Hi Holmes Lovers,

      I first read holmes as a teen ager in the mid-eighties. After reading it once, I
      realised I love the tales so much that I read it again and again and again...
      back then most of my friends thought I was nuts. When I got drunk, I used to
      quote freely from the canon...

      For a long time, I thought that I was one of the craziest people on the planet
      who were addicted to reading the canon again and again. It is only in the mid
      nineties that I heard of a Sherlock Holmes society in India. Somehow, I never
      got around to meeting the people or find out where the organisation was and what
      it's activities were.

      Finally with internet explosion in the mid nineties did I find out that I was
      hardly the only man crazy about reading the canon.

      So I'm glad that I'm part of this group of unique people who always enjoy
      reading the canon. There are many things about the Canon that I have learnt
      after getting on to this group.

      Hope this group is alive for many more years to come.

      To mark this occasion, I suggest that members of the group meet up in their
      respective cities and share our joys of the cannon reading. Then share the
      experience of the meeting to all the others online

      Cheers