      From: RICHARD GILLMAN <dick.g@...>
      Sender: SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...
      Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 14:19:16 +0000 (GMT)
      To: Sherlock Holmes India<SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...>
      ReplyTo: SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...
      Subject: Re: SHSI Proceedings of the Pondicherry Lodge

      Hello Jay and fellow members. Firstly can I say a big thank you for giving me the opportunity to present my work, I am very grateful. The magazine is superb, well done!

      Can I suggest that for a paper version that you look at Createspace, run by Amazon? This is a print on demand service at no cost, members and other interested parties just order from Amazon like any other book. There is a template to download and you populate it with your Word document. I think it is worth a look as there are no upfront costs.

      Kind regards,

      Dick

      From: KUMAR BHATIA <kumarbhatiashsi@...>
      Sender: SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...
      Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2013 23:07:17 +0400
      To: SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...<SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...>
      ReplyTo: SherlockHolmesSocietyofIndia@...
      Subject: SHSI Proceedings of the Pondicherry Lodge

      Dear friends and fellow Sherlockians ,
      The release of the 2nd Issue ( Volume 1) of the " Proceedings of the Pondicherry Lodge " on the 1 st of December .
      What  a lovely way to start the month !
      Dark deeds however , later into the month , and  I quote from the Canon ;

      "Precisely so, on the twenty-second of December, just five days ago. John Horner, a plumber, was accused of having abstracted it from the lady's jewel-case....."
      Sherlock Holmes - ' The Blue Carbuncle

      Back to POPL 2.1
      Congratulations to Ms. Jayantika Ganguly and her team , for putting together a truly interesting mix of news , book reviews
      Pastiches ( nice one Mr. Vasudev Murthy ) and articles on Pastiches ( well written Prof. Venugopal ).
      Encouraging words about our Society  by Ales Koludrbec of the CSSH and Mike "Wiggins" Whelan of the venerable BSI
      are indeed heartning .
      A special 'well done ' to Sumalji for a tough quiz and commendation to our fellow Sherlockian from Hungary,
       Ms. Zsofia Marinscak , whose utter dedication really comes thru in her well written article  about the Master .

      I salute , once again Ms. Jayantika , for her ' Sherculian ' efforts ( a nice title, she thought of herself ) and her team for a job well done and look forward to Issue 3 .
      KUMAR BHATIA

      P.S ; Thank you for including my speech / article on the Canon . And for the nice words you said about me . I am honoured and touched .
      P.P.S . May I request  a picture of the plaque we presented to Sumalji at the first gatheting of members in august ,  be re-posted on facebook .  It hasnt really come across readably in the POPL
      And may I point out that it was our Society that felicitated Sumalji and presented him the plaque , I was instrumental just in getting it made .
      K.B.

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic