4312Re: SHSI SHiJ translation

  • VM
    Dec 14, 2013

       Now wouldn't that be a nice new project for SHSI? To compile SH articles in various Indian languages?

      And thank you, Kumarji!

      On Sunday, 15 December 2013 4:41 AM, KUMAR BHATIA <kumarbhatiashsi@...> wrote:

      Dear Binand , Ms. Jayantika and fellow Sherlockians ,
      My apologies for having missed out Malayalam , Tamil and Kannada , I was simply not aware .
      KUMAR BHATIA

      On Saturday, 14 December 2013, Binand Sethumadhavan wrote:

      Not sure why you missed my mother tongue, Malayalam! :-)

      Binand

      On 14 December 2013 19:04, KUMAR BHATIA <kumarbhatiashsi@...> wrote:

      Dear Murthyji,
      It is indeed good to hear that " Sherlock Holmes in Japan " is to be translated into Portuguese . Hopefully just a start .
      We wish your book will soon be translated to many other languages too , and your well written pastiche will gain a much wider readership .
      On the subject of translations , I have it from the highest authority , that great Sherlockian scholar ,Ronald Burt De Waal ,
       that the Canon itself , or at least some of the cases , have been translated into the following languages ;

      Afrikaans , Arabic , Armenian , Azeri , Bengali , Bulgarian , Chinese , Czech , Danish , Dutch , Finnish , French , Frisian ,
      Georgian , German , Greek , Gujarati , Hebrew , Hindi , Hungarian , Icelandic , Irish , Italian , Japanese , Kanarese , Korean ,
      Lettish , Lithuanian , Macedonian , Malay , Marathi , Norwegian , Oriya , Persian , Polish , Portuguese , Rumanian , Russian,
      Serbo-Croatian , Sindhi , Sinhalese ,  Slovak , Spanish , Swahili , Swedish , Telugu , Unkranian , Urdu and Uzbek.
      As also in Pitman's Shorthand as well as Braille !

      KUMAR BHATIA

      On Thursday, 12 December 2013, VM wrote:

      Dear All

      Unusual news.

      Grupo Editorial AutĂȘntica - Vertigo has signed a deal with HarperCollins to translate Sherlock Holmes in Japan to Portuguese and acquired the rights of the book for Brazil.

      Certainly baffling, as far as I am concerned. I thought I would share this little snippet of news for whatever its worth.

      Regards
      Vasudev Murthy

      Sherlock Holmes in Japan, HarperCollins,
      What the Raags told me,
      Rupa
      Effective Proposal Writing
      , Sage
      The Time Merchants and other strange tales
      , LiFi

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic