4545Re: SHSI RE: "Malaysia Airlines 370 and the connection to Sherlock Holmes"

    Mar 18, 2014
      On 18 March 2014 22:40, sajan venniyoor <venniyoor@...> wrote:
      > 1. If, as aviation experts say, the plane's communications systems were switched off before the plane veered off its flight path, then it was done deliberately. If so, who are the prime suspects?

      They have 239 of them. :-)

      > 2. Can we assume, on the basis of recent human experience, that the intention of a hijacker is always to try and land the craft safely?

      Before 9/11, I guess we could have. Now, we can't.

      > 3. Which is more improbable -- that a plane with a 200 ft wingspan avoided radar detection and is hidden somewhere on land, concealed from the air despite the efforts of half a dozen countries with state-of-the-art equipment, searching for ten days, to locate it? Or that it is at the bottom of the ocean? (Or is this a case of alien abduction?)

      I think avoiding radar detection is fairly easy - you just need to fly
      at altitudes less than 10K ft. Of course it will kill your fuel
      efficiency but that's a small price to pay I guess.