      Sent: Friday, March 21, 2014 9:06 AM
      Subject: Re: SHSI Re: Sherlock comes to Bollywood this April

      Ah, well, that was the gut reaction.

      The trailer has an apparently major character PYT (with a staggering amount of screen time in the trailer), and "Samrat" carrying her bridal style. There's ‎an item song. There is CD, presumably the assistant/sidekick, who has no dialogue in the trailer except "koi case utha kyun nahi lete" or something like that. (translation: why don't you pick up a case)

      ‎Then there's the mind palace rip-off graphics, which should be cool, at least.

      Mr Khandelwal is certainly good-looking, but I still can't see how he's a look-alike of Mr Cumberbatch - or why he even should be, for that matter. And he doesn't sound right. All the good Sherlocks sound right. All the good detectives sound right.

      In hindsight, given I consistently watch every single Himesh Reshamiya movie that comes out, what's the worst they could do with Sherlock?

      "CD, smart criminal wo nahi hota jo koi surag na chodde - smart criminal wo hota hai jo surag to chodde, magar gumraah karne ke liye." (translation: CD, a smart criminal isn't one that doesn't leave clues - a smart criminal is the one that leaves clues, but for misdirection)

      Which reminds me - The Sign of Four adaptation I was nattering about in the morning - might have been called Gumraah rather than Gumshuda. Or something like that. Anyone knows?

      If there are errors in the quotes, I'm sorry; I've only seen it once. Must see again!

      P.S. Interesting(?) and useless bit of trivia - in Thai mythology, Hanuman is rather Casanova-ish.

      Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.