4564Re: SHSI !! The humbleness of Sherlock Holmes !!

  • Philip K. Jones
    Mar 26, 2014

      My dear Sir:

      I am sorry that I must disagree with you in this matter.  Footnote #6 in my article, "The Untold Tales - Identified" sums up my objection to this identification:  I quote it below:

      Again, the chronology is confused.  Most experts date FIVE in March 1888, after SCAN, but Watson states it was in September of 1887, so “…once by a woman…” cannot be SCAN, which occurred at earliest in March of 1888.

      I have been very careful, but I have not yet been able to identify any of the four instances noted to which I have assigned the codes, "BTN1," "BTN2," "BTN3" and "BTNW."  None of the 10,000 and more items listed in my database have been assigned these codes as fulfilling the criteria of "Hlolmes having been beaten" and as having occurred before the events in "The Five Orange Pips."

      I am open to suggestions for tales that tell these stories.

      Submitted respectfully:

      Philip K. Jones
      pkenj@...
      An Ill-dressed Vagabond