4888Re: Why Detective Byomkesh Bakshy is no Sherlock

  • Sachin Chatte
    Apr 5, 2015
      Thanks for posting the link Kumar, am sure any of our members here would have written a better piece than the one published in Hindustan times . There were some unintentionally silly gems  (Byomkesh uses his intelligence and adept skills to solve the cases. What did Holmes use then ?) and this (Here are six points where Byomkesh Bakshy is different from Sherlock Holmes. Detective Byomkesh Bakshy is original).

      I must confess I am not familiar with the stories of Byomkesh (I have seen Basu Chatterjee's tv series though) but it clearly looks like a derivative of Holmes, with the added Bengali essence.

      Since it was mentioned, here is my review of Detective Byomkesh Bakshy! (sachinchatte.blogspot.in/2015/04/film-review-detective-byomkesh-bakshy.html)

      Sachin

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic